PDA

View Full Version : Fear of seizures

LyingScotsman
27-12-13, 05:48
This is what makes me worry the most. Epilepsy doesn't run in the family, and I've had an MRI scan and a EEG, and the results came back with nothing. After I've went through all that, I still carry this thought that I'm about to have a seizure in my head. I don't know what made me so scared of it, but it must be because my sisters ex fiancé had fits, and it must of somehow got me scared. Does anyone know if it's just my anxiety that's making me think this, and if there is any ways to help me cope with these worrying thoughts? Thanks!

semper solus
27-12-13, 13:07
Hi

It sounds like Anxiety to me. I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

I have Epilepsy myself. I remember my first few seizures used to scare the hell out of me It has been a hard and rocky road, plenty of tears & anger but I have learnt to accept the condition and live with it as I know there are people out there less fortunate than myself.

Kind regards
Nik

Rennie1989
27-12-13, 17:38
You have to learn to accept the test results. The doctors have not found anything of concern so try using distraction techniques to divert your mind.from the thought of epilepsy too something less.anxious provoking and healthy.

ColourODarkness
28-12-13, 17:56
Don't worry Scotsman, I often have the same fear.
The fear is unfounded and ridiculous, but as a child I saw two of my dogs have epileptic fits on an almost regular basis, and have since been worried about having seizures. Especially if there's a warning for it on a video game or movie that I'm about to watch~

If the doctors have found nothing, you have no reason to panic. Which I know from experience is easier said than done, but you should try to have some ease of mind that the doctors have told you that it's very very unlikely you'll have one~
I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Colour~

LyingScotsman
29-12-13, 06:50
Thank you all for your kind replies. It has made me realise that it is all in my head, and that if I want to stop it, I have to focus on getting rid of my anxiety first