PDA

View Full Version : CA125 blood test results PLEASE HELP

missacorah
27-12-13, 11:32
Just called the doctor for my blood test results (they tested after I had abdominal pains and bleeding) and the receptionist has said my results have been red flagged and the doctor needs to see me.

She said I had the CA125 test and my hormones seem to be high.

Im terrified and am sat here shaking.

Doctor is calling me back within the hour as otherwise I need to wait till Monday to talk to him :(

Daisy Sue
27-12-13, 11:46
I hope you're ok.. & the doctor rings back soon.. good luck, keep us posted. x

sophieunderscore
27-12-13, 13:16
Hi Miss, don't panic, these results are not specific to anything nasty and could be something far less sinister such as a cyst, fibroids, etc, both of which can cause bleeding and abdominal pains. Please trying to keep calm until you've heard from the Dr, big hugs xx

missacorah
27-12-13, 13:32
Thankyou Sophie.

Doctor phoned me and said basically what you've said above. He said yes there can be a chance it can be an alert to ovarian cancer but also a whole host of other womens probs (fibroids, Endometriosis,pelvic inflammatory disease etc) so I shouldn't jump to the conclusion that I have the worst of them. He also said minor abdominal changes can sometimes affect the result.

My next step is my ultrasound scan which im waiting for and my smear test on Monday.

So sad right now :(

bristolzbabi
28-12-13, 01:33
Aww hun u will be fine just don't keep thinking about it u will drive ur self mad with worry and make ur self really bad think positive

missacorah
28-12-13, 11:04
Thanks bristolzbabi. Just got my scan date through for January 15th - cant believe ive got another 2 weeks plus of this nightmare :(

*Fallen Angel*
19-03-14, 17:30
How did you get on missacorah? I am having my CA125 test tomorrow, terrified.