PDA

View Full Version : 5 & 1/2 weeks on 40mg and feeling frustrated

Danielson1971
27-12-13, 15:33
Hi all, merry Christmas!
Wondered if anyone out there could help.
I have been on 40mg of Prozac for five and a half weeks now and having some success but some doubt too. I was feeling better after 3 weeks of the meds so decided to ease my way back to work. Since then, I have felt more anxious and lost my ability to concentrate again and totally frustrated!! Just when I thought the drugs were working, it seems my old symptoms are returning. So, the question is...is this blip due to the side effects of the drugs. Do I need to wait a bit longer before I feel their full effect? Or is it retuning to work that has done it?
Would be interested in your thoughts. Generally, I am better than when I first started taking them.
Cheers

Amandala
29-12-13, 22:21
Hi there. I am in the same boat as you, I have done 2 weeks of 10mg, and now am on 2 1/2 weeks at 20 and I feel terrible! Getting to work has been very difficult and I am afraid I am going to lose my job and then on the other hand I don't care...(I really really need to care!) I am hoping this is a side effect blip like you and it will pass, but I feel like I am getting worse waiting...

Danielson1971
07-01-14, 21:14
Hey, thanks for the reply. Well since I posted, I have felt a whole lot better, then today, WHAM! Feeling rubbish!!! But I think this is just temporary as the general feeling has improved a lot since those dark days about 6 weeks ago. So, it looks as though it took 6 weeks for me to feel proper benefit. It IS possible to feel good so give it some more time, be brave, but be kind to yourself too. Good luck!

---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:13 ----------

Oh and just to add, your patience will be rewarded I am sure.

IslandGirl
20-01-14, 23:52
I started in May of last year, first on 10 mg, then 20, then 40. It seemed to take the most time to adjust to the 40, about 4-5 weeks. Once I was adjusted, I felt great. I feel calm and able to focus. I recently had a crisis and wondered if I needed to increase, we'll see. Hopefully things will get better for you!