PDA

View Full Version : Feeling better but why :l

LunaLiuna
27-12-13, 16:52
The past two days I've gradually felt a bit better albeit a little tension, but today I feel quite disorientated, as if I feel to good, has anyone else had this?

Fishmanpa
27-12-13, 17:40
While I personally have not experienced anything like this (I don't have anxiety), I've read of other members having this experience. It's as if you feel anxious because you're not feeling anxious! My take on it is that you're so used to being on high alert due to your anxiety that when you don't feel that way you wonder what's wrong! Totally ironic but true from what others have said.

I equate it to my own recovery from cancer. I felt so shitty for so long that when I encounter a day or time I'm not feeling bad, it's a total surprise! Then I almost expect it not to be real or last that long!

I'm sure others will chime in.

Positive thoughts

LunaLiuna
27-12-13, 18:00
Yeah I did think that, but then obviously I got tricked into thinking it was a lot worse, which has made me feel so panicky all day :l

roxy90
27-12-13, 18:46
I get this a lot. Like fishmanpa said its a worrying about not worrying thing.

I know it sounds crazy but I feel like if I'm not worrying about something its more likely to happen because I'm not expecting it, its very odd. X

LunaLiuna
27-12-13, 18:50
Yeah, thats probably the main thing stopping me from thinking that this is all just anxiety. it's so hard :l

Althea
27-12-13, 18:52
I know it sounds crazy but I feel like if I'm not worrying about something its more likely to happen because I'm not expecting it, its very odd. X

My guess is that that's because anxiety is a good impulse gone into bad overdrive. Evolutionarily, fear keeps us safe. Think of it as a smoke alarm :): even if you know your smoke alarm goes off for any little thing rather than just fires, you want to know it's working when you really need it.

But I can assure you that yours is working just fine and will be there when you really need it.

Fishmanpa
27-12-13, 19:10
Think of it as a smoke alarm :): even if you know your smoke alarm goes off for any little thing rather than just fires...

Like hot air? ;) j/k! ... actually, that's a great analogy. Like a smoke alarm gone haywire.

Positive thoughts