PDA

View Full Version : Dvt fear going out of my mind !

Sar89
28-12-13, 01:41
Feel like I'm going to explode with fear, wrote a thread a few days ago about my knee pain... My knee hurts quite badly on side when I press my finger into the spot it's like a sharp, shocking pain I can only get to the spot when my knee is bent though when it's straightend out I can't hit the spot... I didn't do anything to injure it but I'm now getting aches in the back of my knee and calf and the bottom of my thigh... I'm getting really worried and this is definitely not anxiety this is very real pain but I am getting anxious because now I am worrying that this is a blood clot especially with the calf and back of knee ache :-(

RoseEve
28-12-13, 01:54
Your knees are very sensitive and they undergo lots of stress. Think about it they basically hold up most of your body. I never heard of a blood clot in the knee. Usually they happen in the calf and it's very painful all the time not just when you are touching it. It's usually red around the area too. You usually only have to worry about clots in the leg if you just had surgery, are bedridden, or have a blood clotting disorder. My knees hurt often and in fact the area behind my left knee is somewhat numb.

Fishmanpa
28-12-13, 01:59
RoseEve is right. It doesn't sound like a clot but you probably should see your doctor as you've been in pain for a few days and it's not getting better. You may have done something simple and don't recall it. Heck, I've totally thrown my back out tying my shoe so it's possible you tweaked it somehow. Hope you feel better.

Positive thoughts

Sar89
28-12-13, 02:19
I didn't start out thinking it was a bloodclot because of the sharp horrible pain when I bend my knee and press my thumb into a spot and its not swollen or red. I thought I had torn something in my knee... It's when I started getting aches in back of my knee and calf I thought ohhhh noooo red alert what is this!!!! ... The idea of bloodclots terrify me to think they can go to your lung or heart and kill you so easily ! Thankyou for replys x

toad 300
28-12-13, 08:22
I have had Dvt and if you have it your whole leg would swell as I had a knee injury which Dvt followed and you would not be able to walk so don't worry x

Sar89
28-12-13, 16:48
Feel so miserable... Got chest pains and bad cough with loads phlegm feel breathless aswell have been ill for about 10 days as has rest of my family but they are all getting better me and my daughter still got terrible chesty coughs... In my head though now u have a p.e... My doctors isn't even open on a Saturday! Feel absolutly terrified..

katter
26-09-17, 13:42
Hi Sarah, did you ever figure out what was causing your pain? I'm having something very similar going on- a painful spot behind my knee that only really hurts when I apply pressure. It's really starting to scare me.