PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasound scan appointment waiting times

missacorah
28-12-13, 14:03
I need a scan on my ovaries etc and just got my appointment through for January 15th! I honestly don't know how im going to be able to wait until then with the sheer dread im experiencing every minute of the day.

Do you think it may be worth ringing up to say I will accept any cancellation appointment at all or is that something they will automatically do for the next person on the list?

---------- Post added at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 ----------

Anyone? x

jillyb
28-12-13, 14:42
It wouldn't harm to try. They might have a cancellation that you could take. Good luck x

almamatters
28-12-13, 17:19
It might be worth going on the cancellation list, I did this when I was waiting for an endoscopy and did get in a few days earlier. Good luck let us know how you get on. x

Magic
28-12-13, 19:00
Yes, My hubby had an appointment sent by letter and they phoned up for him to go earlier. Good idea. Good Luck

Annie0904
28-12-13, 19:10
They obviously are not expecting it to be anything serious. It is only just over a couple of weeks away, so it is not too long to wait. I know it seems like an eternity when you are worried and you just want it over with. You could phone the appointments office and say you are willing to take a cancellation if they have any.

missacorah
28-12-13, 19:38
Yes, My hubby had an appointment sent by letter and they phoned up for him to go earlier. Good idea. Good Luck

Thanks magic, did your husband phone them up first to say he was willing to take cancellations?

---------- Post added at 18:38 ---------- Previous post was at 18:38 ----------

They obviously are not expecting it to be anything serious. It is only just over a couple of weeks away, so it is not too long to wait. I know it seems like an eternity when you are worried and you just want it over with. You could phone the appointments office and say you are willing to take a cancellation if they have any.

Yes I think i'll do that, it certainly cant hurt x

Magic
28-12-13, 20:10
No he did not missacorah. but they did have a cancellation . he has another appointment coming up so maybe we will have another call.
I had a call from another hospital too ,the other week, that was a cancellation.
it was so unexpected and had to get a taxi to get me there on time xx

missacorah
30-12-13, 16:44
Sorry Magic, only just seen this reply. I just called the hospital and they had just had a cancellation that will get me in a whole week earlier so am delighted :)