PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of getting a blood test next week. Send me positive thoughts please

skyisblue
28-12-13, 13:46
The amount of people telling me that I lost weight is ridiculously high. In a span of 4-5 weeks, around 25 people (yes, I counted) told me that I lost weight.

This July, I weighed at around 208 lbs. I started to work out for 2 weeks then I was down to 200 lbs in August (kinda scary still).

I stopped my workout after that as I was caught up with my schedule until I got a diabetes scare which made me work out again for another 3 weeks starting the last week of September then I got a 2-week diarrhea. It took me around a month or so to get back on my regular stool. I had to cut down my food for a little while because of my diabetes scare too.

Last October 13, I was around 189 lbs. 10 days ago, I weighed at 183.

I know it does not seem a lot, but what gets me really worried is the amount of people telling me that I lost weight. It got me thinking how noticeable it must be!

Now I am just thinking of getting a blood test. However, I am really scared that I might find out something bad.

I honestly do not feel sick. Except, of course, when I tend to worry about this obsession and then feel so down and weak afterwards.

Has anybody here faced the same issue then it turned out to be nothing serious? Please, I could really use all your help right now. :weep:

Tanner40
28-12-13, 13:52
Skyisblue, congratulations on losing weight. Sounds as if you have been taking care of yourself somewhat better due to the diabetes scare. Itnsounds like a health amount of weight loss.
As someone who suffers from HA, I understand the impact of what other people say to me. Just the other day, I had two people tell me that I looked pale. Of course, then I began to wonder if I was okay. I had to stop what I was doing and practice the tools that I have learned to not let that thought spiral into an anxiety attack.

Fishmanpa
28-12-13, 14:36
The amount of people telling me that I lost weight is ridiculously high. In a span of 4-5 weeks, around 25 people (yes, I counted) told me that I lost weight.

This July, I weighed at around 208 lbs. I started to work out for 2 weeks then I was down to 200 lbs in August (kinda scary still).

I stopped my workout after that as I was caught up with my schedule until I got a diabetes scare which made me work out again for another 3 weeks starting the last week of September then I got a 2-week diarrhea. It took me around a month or so to get back on my regular stool. I had to cut down my food for a little while because of my diabetes scare too.

Last October 13, I was around 189 lbs. 10 days ago, I weighed at 183.

I know it does not seem a lot, but what gets me really worried is the amount of people telling me that I lost weight. It got me thinking how noticeable it must be!

Now I am just thinking of getting a blood test. However, I am really scared that I might find out something bad.

I honestly do not feel sick. Except, of course, when I tend to worry about this obsession and then feel so down and weak afterwards.

Has anybody here faced the same issue then it turned out to be nothing serious? Please, I could really use all your help right now. :weep:

Roughly 20 pounds in 4 months with watching your diet and exercising is normal weight loss and quite healthy actually (avg. 5lbs a months). Of course a bout of the runs contributed but still.... It's interesting to me that normally, someone commenting on weight loss when you've been trying to get healthy is a compliment, but with HA it turns into a fear. I'd love to understand the way the synapses fire off to make you think that way. You need to lose weight and eat better to help prevent a future diabetes issue so you've done a very positive thing to alleviate that fear. What about this is concerning to you?

Positive thoughts

lfc65
28-12-13, 14:44
Well done, very steady healthy weight loss, nothing to be concerned about. What a gift you have given your organs, blood pressure, heart etc etc. I have lost just over two stone (around 30 pounds) in 9 months not from any set diet but from cutting back carbs and alcohol, eating more fruit and veg and leaving the car at home when I can! So nothing drastic. I suffer from HA so can understand your fears but its not a sudden, unexplained loss so don't worry. Keep up the good work

skyisblue
28-12-13, 14:51
Thank you lfc, tanner, and fish

I guess what is fearful is that although I did try to lose weight twice within the last 6 months, it was not really consistent.

The first one only last 3 weeks back in July then I had to stop.

I finally returned exercising during September for another 3 weeks when the diabetes scare happened (this is the time when I had to cut back food too), but again I was not able to maintain it.

It's just so scary that for a very inconsistent workout, a lot of people notice my weight loss.

Thank you again for your thoughts. I will get back to you again once I am able to get a hold of a computer. I am currently using my mobile phone.

ColourODarkness
28-12-13, 17:01
Don't worry!
I lost (what I thought) was a lot of weight from late October to mid November (almost a stone) and I went to the doctors insisting a blood test, absolutely terrified I might have diabetes. I had the test done and it came back negative, despite me having almost every symptom.
Anxiety and stress can cause you to lose a lot of weight, which over the years has often lead me to a vicious cycle of panic and weight loss~
I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

skyisblue
30-12-13, 15:57
Hi colour, thank you for your reply.

I am glad everything worked out fine for you. It's just really difficult to imagine that anxiety can do all this.

Today, I generally felt weak and out of mood. Whenever I would sit down, I would feel sleep and tired. However, when I force myself to stand up and walk around, the tiredness somehow goes away. My shoulder also feels a bit heavy today. I had some tingling sensations on my skin for the first time.

Tomorrow I am going to meet some friends and I know that they are going to say something about my weight loss. :(

Will still reply individually to the previous posters...