PDA

View Full Version : Testicular Cancer Obsession

Andy699
28-12-13, 22:41
Hi guys, it's going to be a long one but please read. I'm only 19 years old and a few months back my friends stepdad had a testicular cancer fear. The growth turned out to be benign but I've become obsessed that I have it! I haven't been that bad lately but today I was really freaking out. In June, I went to see 2 different drs because if pain in my testicles. They both examined me and said I didn't have cancer and they couldn't feel anything wrong. They said the pain was probably from examining myself too vigorously... Tbh, I used to check myself like 10 times a day. But now the fear is back and I keep checking myself. I can't feel anything abnormal but I keep thinking that I've missed something... Like I'll check, I'll feel ok for a bit and then I think "omg, I didn't check properly" someone told me once that it would feel like a stone attached to my testicle if it was cancer. My question is would I deffo be able to feel a lump if I had it? Because atm, I can't feel anything? Thanks so much!

Njwrd
29-12-13, 20:15
Hi, I understand your fears had the same OCD regarding this and went to see 3 different doctors and all said I was ok. Yes it would be very noticeable and you would not miss it! You can feel lumps and bumps down there but remember you have lots of tubes etc around the area. Try to relax 2 doctors won't be wrong.

Andy699
02-01-14, 01:29
Thank you so much, I'm glad I'm not the only one that was freaking out about this :)