PDA

View Full Version : I can suddenly feel my pulse in my hands and feet?

Chrissy88
29-12-13, 07:28
Hi everyone,

I've noticed for the last few days that I can constantly feel my pulse in my hands and feet, it's most noticeable at night when i'm trying to go to sleep. It comes with this horrible throbbing feeling that sometimes borders on being painful. I'm very worried that this could possibly be caused by high blood pressure, which runs in my family, although last time I had it checked it was actually slightly on the low side. My diet has been horrendous lately, lots of pizza and fatty food which makes me even more worried that it is related to high blood pressure or something else that's serious. I'm going to make a doctors appointment for this week to get it checked. Has anyone else had this? Do you know if high blood pressure can cause these symptoms? Please let me know, it's really scaring me.

paul_
29-12-13, 08:11
hi chrissy, ive had this from time to time and it was related to high blood pressure for me, easy fix if it is, just take a tablet once a day and look at what you eat, its defo worth getting checked out or even speaking to the pharmacy people at tescos / sainsburys about a personal blood pressure monitor, they are pretty accurate and at the very least will calm you down as you can actually see what your blood pressure is doing, i think they start at around £15 :)

kahi35
29-12-13, 09:12
yes Im going through this right now. I can feel my pulse everywhere.its just because we are more sensitive to it.

almamatters
29-12-13, 18:37
I find this a very irritating symptom of anxiety but most people have pulses all over their bodies but anxious people are just more in tune and seem to notice it a lot more. When I am anxious (a lot of the time) I can feel my pulse in my stomach and especially the soles of my feet. I find that if I distract myself then I tend to forget about it.

Chrissy88
31-12-13, 04:56
Well I went to a pharmacy and had it checked, my blood pressure was 126/90 which is apparently ok. I will have it checked again when I go to my doctors appointment though.