PDA

View Full Version : venlafaxine(never come accross these before)

magic girl
29-12-13, 10:23
hi iv benn taking venlafaxine for over 10 years now and earlier this year I decided to come off of them which I managed by being slowly tapered down,unfortunatly within a couple of months I hit rock bottom and had to go back on them.i had horrendous side affects and ended up spending a week in a phyciatric unit where my dose was increased to 150 mg xl slow release which made a big improvement and I could return home.when I went to pick up my prescription from the chemist I have been given something called venlalic xl which I have never seen before as iv always had the red coloured capsules with the beads in.has anyone else had these and do they work as well as the others as im worried they wont work as well :weep:

Antonio2301
29-12-13, 15:46
They will work as well magic girl.They are exactly the same as you've been taking for 10 years. Venlalic xl 150 mg prolonged release tablets is what I've been prescribed. I've yet to start them again though but if you have any worries speak to the pharmacist tomorrow
Ant :-)

clio51
29-12-13, 19:11
Hi

I think gps have been told to give out venlalic tablets because of the costs of Effexor.
All those on Effexor at my surgery have been changed over due to this. I asked to stay on them and she said ok

Really sorry to hear of your hospital stay, that must of been hard for you considering all you went through to come off them. Just shows how powerful these drugs are.

Hope things have settled back down again, you could always try again later on