PDA

View Full Version : LONG TRIP

AnxietySufferer
29-12-13, 11:00
Hi guys, I'm meant to be going to London next week, and I really want to go, but I am just so worried about my anxiety and feeling unwell etc. for one it's just after new year and new to a minor liver problem I always feel really unwell after consuming alcohol so I'm worried I won't feel well. And I know your going to say well don't drink then.. But that's easier said than done on near year! So I'm thinking I'm going to be tired, feel unwell from the alcohol which then starts making me feel anxious and as though I shouldn't go because I will feel unwell. The thought of a 3 hour car journey feeling horrible just makes me think ewww and I think my biggest worry is getting there, feeling unwell and being in a bad mood and ruining it for everyone else by just wanting to go home to whole time. I just don't know if I can do it :( the thought of the journey and distance just makes me want to cry but at the same time I would like to go and I know I would regret not going :( I need some advice on how to cope if possible :) thanks, hope you all had a great Christmas and have a great new year!

Rennie1989
29-12-13, 11:04
Don't think about the negatives. The more you think 'I will be unwell' and 'I will ruin New Year for everyone' the likelier it will happen. Just think 'I WILL have a good time' and 'Everything WILL be fine'. Are you driving or getting a train to London?

In terms of alcohol, I know you said it's easier said then done, I'm sorry but don't drink. If it makes you anxious then leave it alone. Have other drinks instead. You're worried about having a naff time yet you said alcohol can make you anxious and you wan't to drink, just sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

ray52
29-12-13, 11:09
Hi you don't have to drink if you don't want to or just soft drinks and leave the alcoholic drink for a midnight toast. Hope it works out for you :)

AnxietySufferer
02-01-14, 07:58
Today's the day.. I stuck to drinks fat I knew didn't cause me stomach pains (non fizzy and mixed with something non alcoholic like vodka and orange!) I'm feeling a little nervous.. And still worry about feeling unwell, but the fact that I am even doing this is quite a big deal for me considering for the last 8 months the furthest I have gone is a couple of miles since I've felt unwell!!