PDA

View Full Version : New here with OCD!

Worrywart
14-11-06, 02:11
Hi Everyone,

I have been searching OCD message boards like crazy and feel that this one has the most to offer with people like me! Not to bore you, but I will give you a little of my background! I have suffered with OCD for years (self diagnosis). Since I was a kid I would obsess over EVERYTHING!!! I needed constant reassurance about God, death, etc. I moved on to counting repetively and then touching things over and over again! I was constantly nervous and would ask my mom things many times to get reassurance! As I grew older, I had the fear of germs (mildly) and hair! Things would taper off for awhile and then start up again! I then later started with the "obsessive thoughts!" I hate those more than anything!!!! I was one of those people that if I heard it then I must have it or be it! I went through the "being gay" phase, harming someone or an animal phase, sexual incest phase etc. I also went through the hypochondriac phase...BADLY!!! I thought I had every disease that was mentioned around me! I was big on cancer for awhile! I was obsessed with my breathing pattern! Well, now I have a child (the greatest thing in my life)! I cannot tell you how much joy he has brought to my life. I did suffer the postpartum depression thing for a few weeks, but surprisingly it did go away! Things were fine UNTIL I watched a freaking episode of Dr. Phil about a pedophile and OF COURSE I find myself wondering "what if that is me?" I cannot even believe something like that would EVER cross my mind! I could never fathom doing anything like that BUT just like everything else in my life it is now my new obsession! How can I deal with this? I cannot have this OCD in my life right now! I was happy!!!!! I LOVE my child!!!! How do I make this stop? I went to the library to get some good books I have heard about and am going to start reading them! Will this pass? I just needed to get this off of my chest! Has anyone else suffered from this?

scaredycat2001
14-11-06, 02:26
hi worrywart, love the name!
are you on any medication? the dr put me on 60mg fluoxetine for obssesive thoughts and it has helped. don't worry, my therapist told me that you obssess about the things you're most horrified by and it doesn't mean you will act them out.
you'll get lots of advice here and will be made very welcome.
scaredycat
scaredycat

Worrywart
14-11-06, 02:56
Thanks Scaredycat! I think posting on this board will help a bit! Its good to chat w/ others who suffer from this "condition." No I haven't been on meds in awhile! I have been on Zoloft and Paxil in the past! Hated Paxil! Zoloft was soooo long ago I don't even remember if it helped!

RaZoeLynn
14-11-06, 16:32
Hellu Worrywart. (nice username btw) I have posted here a few times and it dose help to talk to others.:DI don't have the exact same thing as you, but I have spent many a day in worry over my family. Hope things work out for the best with you.:D

Tootles,
Vicki

Worrywart
14-11-06, 16:50
Thank you!

LickeyEndBlues
14-11-06, 17:11
Hi Worrywart

Welcome to NMP, rest assured you are not alone and whilst I don't have OCD...apart from over use of this site!! I Know there will be loads of help, advice and support in here for you and specific to your needs.

Get involved you can also help others.

Take care

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

Worrywart
14-11-06, 17:22
Thanks!

yorkylover
14-11-06, 17:53
Hi worrywart and welcome.You will get lots of support here,and helpfull advise.Take care;)

Ellen XX

Dread Pirate Roberts
20-11-06, 18:24
Yes the obsession is pretty intense sometimes, I think it's kind of all caught up with the adrenalin thing so the things and the people that mean a lot to you are the ones that will always be dangerous triggers. However none of us are soothsayers, I don't think(!), so in fact if you obsess about it maybe you're more likely to avoid things that would hurt you.

I do understand much of what you were referring to so you aren't alone if it's a consolation.

"I'm Just A Symptom Of The Moral Decay That's Knawing Out The Heart Of The Country."

Sunflower
15-12-06, 17:08
Hello Worrywort

I am new to this site but have had OCD for years - first diagnosed when I was 21 and I am now 34. I have gone through the paedophile ocd as well as thinking I am a lesbian OCD. It is very hard to deal with I know. When I am around children I come away and think that I have done somthing that I should not have done and it freaks me out so I understand what you are saying.

My OCD is bad at the moment and the main thing is about doing away with myself which causes me alot of anxiety and gets me very down. I was diagnosed with "burnout" and then the obsessions which were so good for a long time returned.

Have you ever suffered wih this type of obsession?

Sunflower

HI THERE
IM VERY NERVOUS ABOUT DOING THIS AS IVE ACTUALLY NEVER BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH OCD. WHILST SITTING MY DEGRRE I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH ANXIETY BUT I'M 100 PER CENT CURED FROM PANIC ATTACKS .
FOR ONE YEAR IVE HAD AWFUL INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS LIKE IM SOME KIND OF WEIRDO! THIS IS SOUL DESTROYING AS ACTUALLY I RAISED MY CHILD ON MY OWN AND WAS HAPPY DOING SO... I'M NOW SETTING UP A NEW CAREER HAVE A MAN WHO LOVES ME BUT I GOT SO ILL WHEN I FIRST MET HIM I LEFT HIS HOME AND MOVED IN WITH SOME FRIENDS AND MY DAUGHTER. NOW I DON'T KNOW WEATHER TO BE WITH HIM OR NOT IS MY ANXIETY RELATED TO HIM? HE CAN BE CONTROLLING BUT IS EXTREMLY SUPPORTIVE...AND I DO LOVE HIM
MY DAUGHTERS REAL DAD IS GENUIELY MENTALL ILL( IN A MENTAL INSTITUTION AND DOESNT SEE HER) - HE WROTE ME A LOT OF VERY ABUSIVE LETTERS WHILST I WAS PREGNANT AT 18 MOSTLY REVOLVING AROUND SEXUAL ABUSE OF MY CHILD FROM MYSELF AND OTHERS. HE ALSO USE TO TELL ME HOW HE THOUGHT ABOUT RAPING HER, THESE ARE ALL FICTIONAL BUT I CANT GET RID OF THESE THOUGHTS EVEN THOUGH THEY DIDN'T POP UP TILL 3 YEARS LATER! I NEED MY LIFE TO BE NORMAL AS I'M A SINGLE MOTHER I HAVE AMAZING FRIENDS. I GET ALOT OF JEALOUSY FROM MY BOYFRIEND AND OTHER PEOPLE SAYING I'M SO BEAUTIFUL AND TALENTED THEREFORE I SHOULD BE SO HAPPY. THIS ATTENTION IS NICE BUT I FEEL LIKE AN ALIEN INSIDE. I KNOW I'M A GOOD MAM BUT SOMEBODY OUT THERE TELL ME I CAN GET BETTER I'LL GO TO THE MOON AND BACK SO I CAN BE A PROPER MAMMY NOTHING ELSE REALLY MATTERS
I'M ON FLOUEXTINE AND SLEEPING TABLETS BUT I FEEL A BIT WORSE
PLEASE HELP XXXXXXXX

P RUTHERFORD