PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help !

TRISTAN
29-12-13, 14:05
Been suffering from anxiety and worrying about my health for a while now , was thinking about self sectioning myself , has anyone on here tried it or thought about it .

Can't carry on like this anymore :(

TooMuchToLiveFor
29-12-13, 14:13
Hi Tristan,
I am so sorry you are struggling. :hugs:

You have probably already stated this in another post, but are you seeing a doctor for any sort of medication? Are you in therapy? I seem to recall that maybe you are on a waiting list for therapy?

I am in the process of letting time pass (as I also take medication and am in therapy) so that my nerves can heal. I hit a severe level of panic/anxiety two months ago and was begging my husband to check me in anywhere that could somehow give me relief. Here it is two months later, and although the recovery road may still stretch far out ahead of me, I am better. This is after two months of real education on my condition (not Dr. Google), meds, and therapy. Yesterday I had my first "good" day since it started. This morning has started out shaky, but I KNOW that we do not have to live this way.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS FOREVER- and you won't. :hugs:

TRISTAN
29-12-13, 14:18
Been on a few different meds and done a bit of cbt over the phone , been on cit for 4 weeks now and still coming off venaflaxine so bound to feel rubbish for a while , every one says I will get there but don't see it with out sectioning myself as never really give pills a chance , so scared I will do something silly but my wife and children need me to much .

Tanner40
29-12-13, 14:59
Tristan, there is a free CBT program offered online, and it has helped me a great deal. Might be something that would help you while the medication kicks in. I find that medication alone will not help me. I have to practice the CBT and having it online helps me as I can go back and practice previous tools that I've learned. Good luck.

TRISTAN
29-12-13, 15:20
What is the web site called ?

Fishmanpa
29-12-13, 15:29
Here ya go Tristan...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91696]

Positive thoughts

TRISTAN
29-12-13, 16:14
Thank you , will give it a try x

Fishmanpa
29-12-13, 16:22
I don't suffer from anxiety and I read through it and it's a very interesting and useful course. It's helped me deal with some issues I'm having.

Positive thoughts