PDA

View Full Version : brain aneurysm fears w/ head pain :(

eastofeden
29-12-13, 23:59
Hello yesterday after sneezing i got a stabbing pain in the right side of my head and it hasn't gone away. It keeps coming back with a sharp twinge everytime i laugh or cough or sneeze and it's scaring me so much because i know that's a sign of a brain aneurysm or tumor. I've heard a lot of people had burst aneurysms after straining or exercising.It aches on the entire right side it isn't a severe headache just a throbbing pain but im worried because i know Aneurysms sometimes have warning headaches that are less severe.

Im only 20 but i do get high blood pressure especially when stressed it goes from 110/60 to 150/100 and also i smoke. Aneurysms run in my family so do strokes.

Im taking my beta blockers religiously now to keep my blood pressure down until i get further investigations but im so nervous right now help

RoseEve
30-12-13, 00:41
I seriously had these same symptoms last week! It totally freaked me out! I went to the doctor twice she did a blood test which was negative and told me it was stress. A week after it started I got a runny nose and it's mostly relieved now. I think it's a weird virus that going around.

eastofeden
30-12-13, 01:13
Really? That's interesting yes I've heard these kind of symptoms can follow a cold or sinus infection but to be honest my pain is at the top of my head nowhere near my sinuses so i dont think it's related.

But it's good to know im not alone and you don't have an aneurysm but can have similar symptoms...no idea trying to forget it but every so often it pops up again :/

RoseEve
30-12-13, 01:18
I got the pain on the left side of my head then top. Shooting/stabbing/burning pain. Sometimes the brain senses pain in the wrong area. When I was pregnant I had a bad sinus infection and it hurt in my upper teeth. My doctor said that's where my brain was sending the pain. Feel better :)

eastofeden
30-12-13, 01:22
Thank you RoseEve i feel better now. I had a bad cold last week so hopefully that explains it. Fingers crossed! Xx