PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety & symptoms

violet33
30-12-13, 01:33
I have horrible anxiety & I get various physical symptoms. Live gotten mild tension type headaches, ibs & other symptoms & out of fear I catastrophize . It's not fun. I live in terror much of the time . My nerves are badly frazzled. I take Xanax which helps but NOTHING else helps. Everyone rags on Xanax but it's all that helps me. I just need to figure out how not panic & freak out. I cannot handle this unbelievable nervousness . This is not normal nervousness . It's terror. How do others deal with this ? It's sucking the joy out of life.

Buj
30-12-13, 01:52
I'm not an expert but I do want to say you are not alone and the feelings you describe are totally horrible but what many of us have coed with for years - so you will find a path to survive and get in touch with a stronger part of yourself that helps you out when you need it.

violet33
30-12-13, 02:26
Yes it is true that somehow God gives me the strength to carry on each day. Some days are better & some are worse . But the days that are bad are HORRIBLE! Sometimes I wonder how I'm dragging myself thru it. I think it really has to do with the fact that I have a strong will to survive despite what I'm going thru. Thank You!

HoneyLove
30-12-13, 09:19
Hi Violet, people are cautious about Xanax because it's a highly addictive drug that's not meant to be used short term.

Have you tried any other methods to help with the anxiety? Like CBT, therapy or daily relaxation/breathing exercises?

violet33
30-12-13, 19:05
Yes my therapist & I have used cbt which somewhat helps . Therapist once told me that I catastrophize which I know is true. That did help me to kind of get a handle on my panic but I've found also that logic doesn't always speak to fear when I'm in a full blown panic attack.