PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Mercer
14-11-06, 09:08
OK,

I'm 21 (male) I've suffered from a particular skin problem for the past six years, and I have pratically spent the past three years staying in (complete torture at times) Finally I seeked help :-p and I'm now seeing a counselor.

Since 2002 when being out I always cover my face with my hand, and I'm now trying to stop this, but it's hard, even though I know I get more weird looks than I would, and if anything covering my face up makes me even more anxious.

I'm very easily irritable, and theres not one thing that doesn't get me stressed (when I'm staying in) this kind of stress is what I really REALLY want to rid of. It's always silly little things (ex, someone putting away the dishes loudly) I'm mature for my age, and everything, but I literally just can't control myself at times.

All I hope for the future is to get my life back (appetite too) and that I don't waste any more years like this.

Well, I hope someone has enjoyed reading this.

Mercer :-)

honeybee3939
14-11-06, 09:13
Hi Mercer,

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some good advice here while making new friends on the way,:D

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxx

tam
14-11-06, 09:36
hi mercer welcome im sure you will get loads of help and advice here.this site has helped me loads and im sure it will do the same for you.tc tracy

trac67
14-11-06, 09:43
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

manmoor
14-11-06, 10:40
Hi Mercer,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

LickeyEndBlues
14-11-06, 11:48
Hi Mercer

Good to see you here.

You'll get loads of help, advice and support in here.

Take care

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

scaredycat2001
14-11-06, 12:37
hi mercer,
welcome aboard!
this is a lovely friendly site and i'm sure you'll soon make lots of friends and get loads of good advice.

scaredycat

clickaway
14-11-06, 12:55
Hi Mercer and welcome to the site,

Glad you are having counselling for this issue.

I hope will will work together well and concentrate on your inner soul and accept the skin problem.

What do they say about it only being skin deep?

Cheers,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

yorkylover
14-11-06, 13:15
Hi mercer and welcome,you will get lots of support here,they are all wonderfull people.And plenty of helpfull advise.;)

Ellen XX

nomorepanic
14-11-06, 13:53
Hi Mercer

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here. Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

net
15-11-06, 15:27
hello mercer

welcome

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past