PDA

View Full Version : So scared

Cags48
30-12-13, 11:31
I suffer health anxiety mostly related to bowel . This morning tho I went to the toilet I did a BM I had to strain a little when I stood up there was bright red blood down the side of the pan I was hysterical as you can imagine I know it's cancer it's got to be because I've thought for so long that I have it that it's happened . I feel like there is no point living ......

Bet jim
30-12-13, 12:08
Hi there! I am exactly the same each time I go to the toilet. Constantly checking for blood. The anticipation each time I go to the toilet is almost unbearable.
I am not a medical person but I do know that bright red blood in the toilet after you have had a bowel motion is more than likely to be caused by haemorrhoids. The same thing has happened to me. If you strain you are probably more likely to have haemorrhoids.
The doctor I am sure will reassure you.

RoseEve
30-12-13, 12:17
Didn't you mention in another thread that your stool is number 2 on the chart? It means your a little constipated. When your stool is hard it tears on the way out. It can cause fissures and hemerhoids. I have hemerhoids I bleed on occasion I've freaked out too. I think many of us with HA have had the fear of colon cancer. I also had a bad fissure once. If it's painful I suggest getting a stiz bath. Try eating more fibre to loosen your stools.

Cags48
30-12-13, 12:22
I've never had blood before , the checking is all consuming and I can't talk to people about it , I have had a sigmoidoscopy and a barium enema but got myself so anxious over the colonoscopy that I was vomiting and had cold sweats and couldn't leave the house now I'm thinking what if it's cancer and I didn't go , it's an awful feeling isn't it ? Just having someone anonymous to say these things to is a short relief , I've considered ending my life in the past because the worry is so intense

Bet jim
30-12-13, 13:15
I'm sure it will be haemorrhoids or a fissure. Bright red blood suggests this - please remember I'm not a doctor or a nurse. I believe that it is more concerning to have black tarry stools. I have definitely experienced bright red blood in the toilet pan.
Try to relax- easier said than done I know - try to stop the voice in your head chattering by distracting yourself.

RoseEve
30-12-13, 13:55
Cags I completely understand how you feel. It does get better. I used to check my bm all the time. I used to force myself to go more than I should to check it. The same thing happened to me bright red blood. I went to the doc and told him my fears and he gave me zoloft it helped me get through the terrible time. It's going to get better I assure you.

Cags48
02-01-14, 13:16
I hope so because I'm getting to the point where I cannot go on with it

Leslie735
02-01-14, 14:13
Was there pain involved? Were you straining a lot? Have you checked for hemorrhoids before? I have hemorrhoids and when my stool is hard or I have a difficult time passing it I will bleed. A little blood can look like a lot in the water.

laura1988
02-01-14, 17:28
Mine is the same too! I was very freaked out the first time as I have history of bowl cancer, but believe me it would not be bright read if that was the case! Please don't worry too much I know it's hard right now! Feel better xxx

Leslie735
02-01-14, 17:41
Bright red blood usually means fresh which means hemorrhoids or fissure usually.

paul80
03-01-14, 15:19
Hi Cags48. Passing blood when going to the toilet is very common and I suspect there are few people who haven't experienced it at least once. As others have said, if it's bright red blood, it's likely to be from piles. If you are worried, it's worth getting it checked out, but the odds are, that isn't bowel cancer.