PDA

View Full Version : Dreaded Return of health anxiety :(

mike_coventry_uk
30-12-13, 17:44
It's that time of year again and the old enemy has reared it's ugly head! I have been free from ha now for almost 18 months! I have had the odd concern but managed to shake it off as non life threatening! But it's back :(

On Xmas eve I finished work and indulged in a spot of festive drinking,had way more than I should and fell asleep on the sofa! Waking up Xmas morning I felt dreadful and was sick and hungover....I have managed to let this manifest itself over the last few days and now am back worrying about brain tumours!

I have been feeling lightheaded since that Christmas morning and back to feeling spaced out and a little nauseaness. I am trying to tell myself it's health anxiety but struggling! I am on the verge as I write this of a trip to the local walk in centre. I don't want to go back down this old road as I know how hard it was to get off it.

One simple trigger can lead to weeks,months and even years of health anxiety torture.....damn that Stella!

Any way hope we all had a good festive period and were all feeling a little better than I am.

lfc65
31-12-13, 00:31
Hi Mike. I've been largely free of the HA monster for most of this year except for a few minor blips and also hate the thought of being held in the horrible, all consuming grip again. It's good that you are able to still rationalise and identify the cause of your light headedness and nausea. I too have felt very sicky this past week with intermittant stomach cramps but I refuse to believe its anything other than too much rich food, snacking on rubbish and alcohol. You do know its health anxiety, try to resist going to the doctors by setting yourself a target , I.e. give yourself say a week of being back in your normal routine and if you still feel ill, go to the doc then. Try revisiting some CBT techniques too, that always helps me. Happy New Year to you!

Jericho
31-12-13, 02:21
Hi Mike - Stay focused and strong and you'll move right past this bout. I am at an all time LOW and my HA about having MS or ALS is raging !!!! Any tips that you have would be appreciated as you did so great for so long !

TY TY

paul80
31-12-13, 11:46
Hi Mike, HA has a nasty habit of creeping up on you. From what you write, it sounds like over-indulgence, rather than a health issue, is the source of your problem. Hope you feel better soon.

Tanner40
31-12-13, 14:14
Hey a mike, try to think back to what tools and techniques that you used to originally get better. I find that once I begin to feel great, I sometimes slack off on using the tools regularly that aided my recovery. Try to get right back on that horse, and practice those tools and techniques on a daily basis. You will be better before you know it. Good luck.