PDA

View Full Version : here it comes again......

hangingbasket
30-12-13, 21:39
I can feel the wave of anxiety creeping back. I'm holding it at bay at the moment.. but it's ugly head is looming WAY too close for my liking.

There's nothing even wrong with me. Ok so I still have these achey ribs but I'm almost resigned to that being nothing sinister so why the hell is the anxious feeling creeping up on me?!?!

I know why really. Time of the month. I'm 3 days late which is VERY unusual for me. I'm not pregnant before anyone suggests it. Definitely not! I'm sure it's on it's way and that's what's causing the anxious feelings. My HA always goes into overdrive around the time of my period.

I have this nagging voice asking... sooo... what other reasons could there be for your period being late? And my answer is... I've NEVER heard of a serious disease that's only symptom was a delayed period (please dont tell me of any) and I'm refusing to ask google!! And it's only 3 days anyway! 3 days early is not unusual for me.. but 3 days late=mass panic. Added to the panic I get at this time of the month anyway!

So here I am.. having a bad day. I know why. I can feel it coming and am trying to deal with it before it takes over. Nip it in the bud as they say :)

RoseEve
30-12-13, 22:23
I had this panic once too. My period ended up being 10 days late! I had myself in such a state. It just happens from time to time.

Fishmanpa
31-12-13, 01:31
Hang in there HBasket! Your post has a lot of rationality in it and that's a really good thing. Aunt Flo will be there before you know it. She's probably just hung up in traffic ;)

Positive thoughts.

hangingbasket
31-12-13, 08:16
Still nothing (ha! Where else could I discuss this?!?!)
Not panicking.... la la la

paul80
31-12-13, 11:44
Hi hangingbasket, I recently went through a terrible period, with constant waves of anxiety. I found it helpful to try and focus on other things and push the thoughts from my mind. Not easy, I know! I hope you feel better soon.

Tanner40
31-12-13, 14:18
Hanging Basket, great job on using a rational voice to tell anxiety to go find another home. You're doing great and should congratulate yourself on that small victory.

rebeccad
31-12-13, 15:31
Hey you know stress can delay things right? I once went 9 weeks and my doctor said it's not a sign of anything they're more concerned if it's the opposite and no let up from the bleeding xx

hangingbasket
31-12-13, 21:10
panic over.... all is good :)

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:09 ----------

and thanks fishman and tanner for noticing my improvements!!
I definitely feel more able to cope with these little hiccups :)