PDA

View Full Version : Anyone experience split second dizziness along with a feeling of blacking out?

anxious_thoughts
31-12-13, 03:33
I'm really worried as I have brain tumour anxiety! :(

I was at work, suddenly I felt dizzy and it felt like I was going to my right side, it also felt like I blacked out for a split second because as soon as the dizziness stopped I remembered opening my eyes.

There were no other symptoms along with this, and I was only sitting down on my break. I don't know if I actually blacked out for a second or if it was just the sensation...I can't stop thinking of it. I've felt the sensation before and always wondered what it could be. It literally lasted a second, really scary. I just hope it's not blacking out :(

annie.hall
31-12-13, 05:42
I sometimes get this (but not the black out part), mostly when I lack sleep. I think you shouldn't worry too much about it. It is certainly not a brain tumor. Dizziness happens to everyone. Hope you get less anxious about it soon! :)

anxious_thoughts
31-12-13, 05:44
Thank you for the positive thoughts, Annie! x

fedup36
31-12-13, 10:34
Hi, yes get these all the time!! More when I am anxious and stressed...
I get tingles through my hands to when it happens it's horrible!! Although I do think it's due to anxiety... I also get this dizziness where I feel like someone pushes down on my neck and head, scares the living day lights out of me! However I have had 2 mris and there all good so I wouldn't worry! X

paul80
31-12-13, 11:41
I get it sometimes, and I think you'd be surprised by the number of people who get these funny turns.

anxious_thoughts
31-12-13, 14:56
Thanks for the replies, guys!
Really reassuring that I'm not the only one going through this.

Do you guys think it's actually blacking out, or just a sensation?

fedup36
31-12-13, 15:08
Pretty sure it's just a sensation! No doctors were concerned about mine!!
I'm currently in asda having a panic melt down.. I was stood there and the floor suddenly drops it's horrible!! I just have to tell myself it's because I'm in the supermarket and that's what makes me dizzy and panic! X

anxious_thoughts
31-12-13, 22:58
Thanks guys!
I really hope these sensations stop for all of us
I didn't feel anxious and it seemed to come out of nowhere. Really scared me :([COLOR="blue"]

---------- Post added at 14:09 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

Anyone else?

I'm not feeling too good today. Last night I barely got much sleep, I couldn't stop thinking about if I actually blacked out or not. I started getting the sharp pain in my left eyebrow and around my eye/upper cheek area. Seemed to worsen with movement. So scary :(

Fishmanpa
31-12-13, 23:44
Hi Jenn,

I've had a good look see and do your realize you've had close to 80 threads all on brain tumor related fears in the last 8 months? If you were seriously ill, you wouldn't be here.

What are you doing to treat your anxiety? An average of 10 threads a month is a strong indication of a serious illness and it's not cancer I assure you.

Listen, you're a young woman with so much life ahead of you. Please, please seek some help. It's so sad to see you go through this :( I believe with all my heart you feel the way you do but it's not because of a brain tumor or a serious physical illness IMO.

I hope you find some relief and happiness in the New Year

Positive thoughts

Mr m anxious
31-12-13, 23:53
Dont worry jenn, you may not feel anxious but you are, body does some weird shit when your constantly worried, trust me I speak from experience. I've been pretty much anxiety free for six months now but still get the odd weird sensation like the one you've experienced. A lot of the advice you've probably had about ignoring these feelings is good advice, the more you ignore the less you get. All the best x

anxious_thoughts
01-01-14, 17:33
Hi Jenn,

I've had a good look see and do your realize you've had close to 80 threads all on brain tumor related fears in the last 8 months? If you were seriously ill, you wouldn't be here.

What are you doing to treat your anxiety? An average of 10 threads a month is a strong indication of a serious illness and it's not cancer I assure you.

Listen, you're a young woman with so much life ahead of you. Please, please seek some help. It's so sad to see you go through this :( I believe with all my heart you feel the way you do but it's not because of a brain tumor or a serious physical illness IMO.

I hope you find some relief and happiness in the New Year

Positive thoughts

I know what you mean, the anxiety has really started to act up since April and I find it very hard not to come on here when it does.

I have done CBT for a month and a half and I'm currently I'm the process of filling out papers for some E-Counselling, as it's easier to do for my schedule.

It's literally making me tear up reading your message, I truly wish I could move on from this. It's hard, it really is, but honestly I feel like I've come a long way as the anxiety isn't as bad as it used to be since I haven't had much time to think about it while being busy with school. I just wish the rand, spurts of dizziness along with the head pains I always get when I lie down would stop. Those are the two symptoms that really set me off. Just want it to stop :(

Thank you for the message and happy New Years. I wish you all the best for this year. :hugs:

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

Dont worry jenn, you may not feel anxious but you are, body does some weird shit when your constantly worried, trust me I speak from experience. I've been pretty much anxiety free for six months now but still get the odd weird sensation like the one you've experienced. A lot of the advice you've probably had about ignoring these feelings is good advice, the more you ignore the less you get. All the best x

Thank you for replying, it's much appreciated :)
So very happy for you that you've been anxiety free for 6 months, that's a great accomplishment. Wish these sensations would stop! There are some feelings I'm able to ignore but others I really find hard to. Going to work on that!

Wishing you all the best in the New Year :)

fruity
01-01-14, 18:05
oh my god exact thing happend to me 3 times when my anxiety started almost 6years ago. thank the lord i was not alone. someone as finaly had the same as me. jen you are ok. my god i can,t believe it im overwhelmed. my life.

anxious_thoughts
01-01-14, 18:12
Hey fruity, makes you feel better knowing you're not the only one going through this? That's exactly like me!

I've had this happen to me a couple times before. Do you think you're actually blacking out? Cause I'm thinking it may just be the sensation of it....I really REALLY hope that's all it is.

fruity
01-01-14, 22:10
well i don,t know i,ve never blacked out before so can,t realy say. but i just thought it could be a sensation but like said i realy don,t know.but this actualy does play on my mind. even though i aint had it for ages it,s a fear for me because i don,t want it happening again. the first one i was up the town in a shop the second one was when i was leaning over the cot & the third one was i was sitting down reading & it quikly whent black for a few seconds felt like i,d lost my eyesight for a quick second. & infact i had a fear/thought about it today & when you posted this post i was gobsmacked

---------- Post added at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

infact when i do think about it it makes me feelsensations of dread & i get frightend.

anxious_thoughts
02-01-14, 05:39
I totally know what you mean. Like once you've had it you're so worried to have it again and it being even worse. I'm really hoping it's all just something benign.

Yesterday I felt quite dizzy throughout the day but went to a New Year's Eve party and it really subsided. I didn't feel it as much. Although I still had an off balance feeling. Today I'm feeling kind of so so. I still feel dizzy but it's definitely not as bad as the other day (thank god!). I just feel like there's slight pressure in my forehead and top of head. Hopefully this all goes away in the next few days

anxious_thoughts
03-01-14, 17:37
Hi guys, just wanna bump this up

I'm having a couple symptoms today. Some dizziness, along with a heavy feeling on the top of my head and forehead. :( also worried about seizure for some reason. Although I've never had one before, scared it's going to happen

Sadkel
03-01-14, 17:58
I'm feeling this too! All day, for a couple mths on and off... Rang my gp at 430pm but hung up before they answered!

Fishmanpa
03-01-14, 18:04
Jenn,

Reassurance isn't going to help you in the long run. You know this. How's the E-counseling process coming along? Have you finished filing the papers? Have you looked into the free CBT course offered here?

The truth is, just like a physical illness, your anxiety has to be treated for you to heal.

Positive thoughts!

anxious_thoughts
03-01-14, 18:17
I'm feeling this too! All day, for a couple mths on and off... Rang my gp at 430pm but hung up before they answered!

Hello Sadkel, I'm sorry that you have been experiencing this for so long. Mine seems to come for a week maybe every two months or so.

Such a terrible feeling! :(

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:14 ----------

Jenn,

Reassurance isn't going to help you in the long run. You know this. How's the E-counseling process coming along? Have you finished filing the papers? Have you looked into the free CBT course offered here?

The truth is, just like a physical illness, your anxiety has to be treated for you to heal.

Positive thoughts!

They're trying to figure out if I'm eligible for the counselling. Just waiting on an email. I've looked into the free CBT course, it kind of confuses me. Do you just read the different booklets they offer?

I know that for anxiety to be healed it has to be treated, I'm just worried and have negative thoughts about it because I feel like it's not just that :(

Fishmanpa
03-01-14, 18:33
They're trying to figure out if I'm eligible for the counselling. Just waiting on an email. I've looked into the free CBT course, it kind of confuses me. Do you just read the different booklets they offer?

I know that for anxiety to be healed it has to be treated, I'm just worried and have negative thoughts about it because I feel like it's not just that :(

The negative thoughts are anxiety... it's like a mental niggle that doesn't let up. It makes you Google and fear the worst when it's actually the furthest from the reality. That's where the CBT comes in.

Yes, read through all the books. There are exercises to practice as well. The exercises help to keep you focused on the practical side of your psyche. I've downloaded it and finding it very helpful for me and I don't suffer from anxiety. My counselor is all for it to help me with the minor depression I'm dealing with and it is helping immensely. It will also come in handy come check up time as I get "scanxiety" when it's time to see if my cancer is still gone. Just like with my cancer, I went and learned as much as I could about it. I learned the physiology behind it as well as how the treatments worked. I looked into all the drugs I'd be on and how they would affect me. Knowledge is power. The books explain how and why you react the way you do and it's a real "ah ha" moment in my opinion. Understanding why you react to certain stimuli and situations and what your body is doing help to minimize the panic and fear. The exercises reinforce the mindset. It's like retraining your brain to react differently if that makes sense. There are several here that are having great success with it. But with anything, you have to work at it. It's not a pill or magic formula. If you want to get better, you have to put in the effort... but you know that ;) What have you got to lose?...except maybe your anxiety :)

Positive thoughts

anxious_thoughts
03-01-14, 20:18
Thank you so much Fishmanpa! I'm going to try it out :)
Of course if it works I might as well try it, hate living like this. Living in fear is the worst, I can't do it anymore so I'm definitely going to start right now!

I wish you all the best with what you're going through, you appear to be such a strong person. I look up to people like that, thank you again.

Take care