PDA

View Full Version : discomfort under right side of ribcage...? imagination or worse after drinking.

katz41
31-12-13, 04:17
hi all, i'm sort of hoping its nothing liver related but i had a couple of drinks over christmas, nothing excessive, though i did use to drink heavily, it is tender when i press on lower right rib cage and occasionally i get a burning sensation...it goes off eventually, but does feel worse when i lie on my front... and if i lie on my right side, it feels like something is sticking into me...im going to see my gp about it but i've resolved not to drink anymore alcohol...i ve eaten the usual christmas fare ie stuff i wouldnt eat normally and im going to throw away the remaining fatty foods..could it be my gallbladder or liver??
im worried but i know the last time i had these symptoms, my gp said my bowel was the problem ie it was full and would resolve itself, she couldnt find any other issues and my blood results have always shown a normal liver screen
anyone else get this?
thanks

emeraldgirl
31-12-13, 09:41
I have exactly the same - there for a few days then goes away. My doctor also said bowel related. I try not to worry now as the first time I noticed it was at least three years ago. It is always worse when my IBS flares up.

paul80
31-12-13, 11:40
I get that sometimes too (and bowels that play up) and thought it might be related to my liver. I recently had a liver function test and all was well, so the pain doesn't necessarily mean you have a liver problem.

katz41
31-12-13, 14:58
Thanks all - i'm sure you're right, i will keep an eye on it and if it persists I will ser my GP