PDA

View Full Version : Pregabalin experiences please

relda
31-12-13, 09:41
I've been on pregabalin for 2 weeks & have been on 300mg for a week now, I take this as 3 doses of 100mg. I've been sleeping great & have noticed a reduction in my anxiety, unless I've been overdoing it.

That was until this morning. All night I've been tossing & turning a bit with dreams in which I'm worrying about various things. Now I've woken up feeling very tense & have an anxious feeling in my stomach.

I'm seeing my GP next week. I was just wondering what sort of dose others find works for them & any other experiences.

hanshan
31-12-13, 10:30
My take on pregabalin is that it works to stop anxiety most of the time, but not always. This shouldn't be taken to mean that it has stopped working, just that there will always be some left over for us to deal with.

relda
31-12-13, 12:56
Thank you

My GP said I could go up to 600mg if needed. I don't like taking meds really so I'll see how it goes.

hanshan
31-12-13, 13:10
Try up to 600 mg a day. You can always cut back, if necessary.

600 mg is the same as two Panadol tablets, so no big deal (actually, I'd be far more worried about the side effects from the Panadol than I ever would be from pregabalin).

relda
31-12-13, 16:08
I've never been on Panafon. I did try fluoxetine a couple of year ago but it makes me a bit high.

AndyatRichmond
01-01-14, 18:22
I suffered 7 months of severe anxiety, and I mean so severe that I didn't want to live. I tried 3 different anti-depressants, which didn't do a thing for me. Finally got to see an NHS psychiatrist who suggested pregablin. Well, finally found something that works. Have increased from 2 daily doses of 75mg to 150mg to 175mg to 200mg gradually. I have subsequently got gradually better and better. I am looking forward to increasing to 450mg a day, possibly 3 doses of 150mg. Another nice thing about pregablin is that it comes is so many different doses, from 25mg to 300mg capsules. So good luck all of you - it's certainly helped me!!

relda
01-01-14, 21:23
Hi AndyatRichmond

I've been in that very dark place, keep going there now, although pregabalin has stopped these thoughts.

I take mine 3times a day & am looking forward to an increase next time I have an appt (Tuesday)

lb1
04-01-14, 19:43
Pregabalin has really helped me. Nothing apart from diazepam helped with my anxiety. Been on every antidepressant. I've increased over the last 3 months from 150 to 450mg and am significantly better than before. Its not a magic bullet for me, I still have anxiety at times, but its less frequent and much less severe. Its been well worth the work I had to do to get it.

relda
08-01-14, 11:44
Thank lb. I'm now on 450mg, I do feel its helping but GP felt I needed a bit more hence the rise to 450 (I've been on it for 3. Weeks now)

I do feel generally calmer, if that makes sense.