PDA

View Full Version : concerned about neck pain with toothache

roxy90
31-12-13, 10:39
Hi everyone. I've just had a tooth pulled because it was infected but now I have bad pain in the opposite side of my mouth.

I'm terrified the infected tooth has spread now. I have pain running down my neck and I know infections can spread the neck/jaw and make your airways swell, close the airway off and cause death.

I'm so worried right now, any words of advice? X

Andrash
31-12-13, 10:53
Go to the first dentist for a diagnosis, he will tell you what’s happening in mere 10 minutes. If you’re over-anxious to wait go to private practice, check-up alone isn’t expensive. No worries though-tooth infection cam be life-threatening only if left untreated for a veeeeeeery long time, and by going to the dentist you will avoid exactly that.

roxy90
31-12-13, 11:03
Thnkyou :-) I assumed it was a while before it spreads buy then you read stories etc lol ...

I was on atibotics 1/2 weeks ago so if it is an infection it should be a new one. I only had my other tooth out 3 days ago I assumed it was all connected, obviously not lol x

Andrash
31-12-13, 11:12
Well, it sounds your jaw went through a lot lately and it’s probably slightly irritated and needs a wee bit time to go back to normal. And don’t forget-anxiety doubles discomfort (at least). Therefore-dentist, kills anxiety, controls things and if it there really is a new infection, prescribes you antibiotics to destroy it.

roxy90
31-12-13, 14:46
Thankyou. I'm absolutely gutted that another toothache has happened after one only 3 days ago. I have a dentist fear as well so I'm just very upset, scared and in a lot of pain :(