PDA

View Full Version : Voluntary Work!!!!!

Lucy36
14-11-06, 11:24
Hi all

I am going to a meeting in a few weeks to speak about starting voluntary work with the Community Health Initiative in my area.. i done a course with them last year on Confidence Building and completed it so i learned a lot of tools from them eg positive thinking which has helped me a lot with my anxiety and panic..

I started back again with them few months back after i moved into my new house to do Stressbusters which involves meeting the other girls, having a chat, making new friends and having a hand massage with massage oils..

anyway i was asked last week if i was interested in doing voluntary work with them with a few of the girls. what it involves is going to nursing homes for the elderly, nusery schools etc and having a general chat with them and giving them a hand massage. i think this would be really good for me as hopefully maybe in the next few years i want to go back into employment maybe work in nursing homes.. so this would be a great opportunity for me to start off voluntary to see how i get on.

I just hope that this will boost my confidence even more.

thanks for reading this
take care all
lucy xx

trac67
14-11-06, 12:22
Thats brilliant Lucy, and it will all be good experience for you, I hope it all goes well for you, let us know how you get on once you start :D

Good Luck !!!

Love

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

LickeyEndBlues
14-11-06, 12:55
Keep us posted Lucy...it is an area that I might explore.

Iain

ohh...and well done to you, your success helps us too.

Laissez les bon temp roulez

scaredycat2001
14-11-06, 13:18
good for you lucy!
i think its a brilliant idea and will help to make you feel like you're making a worthwhile contribution and giving something back. my sister has been very poorly for the last 3 years and i know how much difference things like that have made to her. i would love to know how you get on as i would like to go into voluntary work myself but am not quite brave enough yet.

scaredycat

Paddington
14-11-06, 13:54
Oh Lucy ,that is wondeful news,you will love it!Well done you!I used to workwith elderly people and it was the best job ever,oh the wisdom they shared with me,i miss them all!I used aromatherapy too???!!!When i was off shift i would go and give who ever wanted ,a massage on their hands and arms.Very rewarding work.WELL DONE!love mary rose.xxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

yorkylover
14-11-06, 17:11
Well done Lucy thats brilliant news.[Wow!][:P][Yeah!]You go for it girl.If I had the confidence I would.I loved working with the elderly.
Take care

Ellen XX

honeybee3939
14-11-06, 20:17
Hi Lucy

Thats lovely news, im sure you will really enjoy it, i used to work voluntary at a day care centre for the elderly, i loved it and it got me back on the road to working again.

Let us know how things go !

Love

Andrea
xxx

Southern_Belle
16-11-06, 16:45
Hi Lucy,

What a wonderful thing to do. I think it will both boost your confidence level and do so much good for others. Bravo to you.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

Sus
16-11-06, 22:43
Thats fab Lucy, have you started yet?? let us know how you get on.

Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.
Ralph Blum