PDA

View Full Version : Complete Panic

simi
31-12-13, 12:19
Thought I was doing really well getting on with my life now just in a complete melt down having pre op tests on Thursday and feeling so scared feeling such a failure can't think of anything else at the moment Simi

paul80
31-12-13, 12:52
Hi Simi. I had to wait two weeks for test results and I know how nerve-racking it can be. I know it's not easy, but try and focus on other things and put those negative thoughts to the back of your mind. You are not a failure: there are lots of people like us and it's only natural to feel anxious about health tests. Try not to think that the worst result is the only possible outcome. Hope you feel better soon.

simi
31-12-13, 13:00
Thanks Paul its the thought more than anything, as its pre op tests for knee replacement in 2 weeks I hope the results will be back on Thursday Many thanks for your post Simi

Tanner40
31-12-13, 13:06
Simi, even people without health anxiety get nervous when waiting on tests and when having operations. Be gentle with yourself and take some deep breaths. I always find that guided meditation helps me to calm down. It sounds like you were doing pretty well. Just know that you will get back there.

simi
31-12-13, 13:34
Thanks Tanner trying to keep busy and wishing the hours away until Thursday Simi