PDA

View Full Version : neck or spinal cancer?

pAULspybeef
31-12-13, 12:45
Dear all, about 6 weeks ago I woke up with a sore neck which got progressively worse throughout the day until my head was tilted to one side and I was in agony. It hurt especially to turn my head to the left. I had one single appointment at a chiropractor, but felt little/no relief. It gradually improved, although 6 weeks on, the pain albeit much much better, is still there and can cause discomfort. I worry massively about it and about it being something nasty like a spinal tumour. My mind is racing asking questions like, why is it still here? What could it be? If it were cancer, would it have improved at all? I would appreciate input from you good people on here. Hoping for a healthy and worry-free 2014 and wish you all likewise. Paul

Tanner40
31-12-13, 13:40
Good Morning Paul. I've woken up many times with stiff neck, shoulders and back. Those are the places where I seem to hold my tension. It ismoften the way that I have slept, or sometimes it is just stored tension from anxiety and stress. What kind of things are you doing to help your anxiety? Self guided meditation, yoga and stretching are activities that could help to relieve the muscle tension and pain that you are feeling.

Fishmanpa
31-12-13, 14:20
Hi Paul,

Cancer is an uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in a part of the body. It doesn't come and go nor does it get better on it's own. As a survivor I have had an intimate relationship with this disease.

What you describe presents itself as stress related muscle tightness and pain. As Tanner said, finding ways to treat your anxiety and stress will be beneficial to your overall health and mental well being.

Positive thoughts

pAULspybeef
31-12-13, 14:29
Thank you to the both of you & a happy 2014 paul

pAULspybeef
05-01-14, 21:43
Chiropractic assessment tomorrow so hopefully get some ideas as to the problem. Don't think whatever caused neck crick is fully resolved. I'm trying to play down what it could be but mind continues to run wild. Trapped nerve? Slipped disc? Spinal tumour?

cpe1978
05-01-14, 22:33
Or perhaps just one of those things? My whole body ached for months. Eventually I decided to get a good sports massage and she could identify every point in my body that ached. Sometimes our body just hurts.