PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Twitching starting to panic!

RoseEve
01-01-14, 01:04
Ok, so I've had muscles twitch before, quite a bit in fact. But for two days my upper left leg has a muscle that is twitching almost all the time! I wish it would stop! It's freaking me out because it's in one spot. Had anyone else experienced this????

Fishmanpa
01-01-14, 01:17
I had a twitch in my thumb for two weeks straight almost all the time. It eventually eased up. We all get them anxiety or not but with anxiety, it's more frequent and persistent.

Positive thoughts

robin321
01-01-14, 01:58
I get this a lot in my calfs, and sometimes other places. I have had it for almost 10 yrs. My calves are always twitching. Look up benign facilitation syndrome. It is very common and harmless.

RoseEve
01-01-14, 03:35
Thank you both! I feel better now happy new year!

rebeccad
01-01-14, 10:05
I had a twitch in my knee for 2 weeks once constant and I was so freaked by it I couldn't eat or sleep I obviously had a nasty disease (in my own head) and because I was so focused and stressed about it the twitch wouldn't ease as anxiety feeds it's and makes it worse it will go 100% just sometimes takes a bit of time x

pepsi
01-01-14, 11:23
Hi if you like u can inbox me i can offer some help and reasurance as ive got this

paul80
01-01-14, 12:33
I had lots of twitching episodes over the years, usually my calf, arm, thumb or eye. I think it's stress-related in my case. The longest twitching period I've had was about a week, so your experience is not out of the ordinary!

Catherine84
03-01-14, 07:22
I am getting twitches all over my body at the moment and have been for almost the last 24 hours. It is making me very anxious and is extremely annoying. I haven't been able to get much sleep because of it.

I've heard it can be due to a magnesium deficiency. Perhaps it may be worth trying to eat something rich in this mineral, like a banana. It can also be caused by dehydration.

Best wishes x

meche
03-01-14, 09:37
I had a twitch in my left eye for god knows how long. Until I read this post I completely forgot I ever had it. It was way back last year and at the time I was highly anxious. The more I thought about it, the worse it got! I have very little issues with my anxiety these days and no eye twitch. Enough said! :) xx