PDA

View Full Version : Please help, is this Anxiety?!

Emily104
01-01-14, 01:44
Okay, so just 2 weeks ago, I started to get intrusive thoughts that really bothered me and I cried alot with it, so I went to see my doctor and she prescribed me with 50mg sertraline. I took my first one, and say 6 hours later I started to feel really ill in my head, I had a small panic attack thinking I was dying. Ever since then I have horrible symptoms that haven't gone away, I only took the one as it made me feel so poorly. Here are my symptoms...
confusion, short term Memory loss, disorientation, Feeling I am in a dream
agitation, irritability, muscle twitching mostly on my legs, shivering
restlessness sweating(up my neck and scalp mostly) hallucinations and tingling
in my feet and hands < this has got to a point where if I touch something my hand tingles. Is this Anxiety? Or is it an adverse reaction to sertraline? I am so worried and have been googling from morning to night everyday for some answers :( I am unable to do things I used to all my mind can focus on is my computer, my interests have gone, I feel as if my mind is slowly stopping...

TooMuchToLiveFor
01-01-14, 02:34
Hey Emily,
I am absolutely certain out of those two options that you are dealing with anxiety. One pill could not cause you the issues you are having- especially since it has been awhile since you took it. If you decide to proceed with the Sertraline for anxiety/intrusive thoughts- it will most likely really help you, but be prepared that the first two weeks or so can be very rough. I was given Sertraline six weeks ago for severe panic disorder and agoraphobia.....the first three weeks were unbelievably bad, but I stuck with it......Now, six weeks out I have experienced a breakthrough and for the last four days starting getting major relief. Today I have been truly happy with minimal anxiety. All of the symptoms you described- I was experiencing due to my severe anxiety.

Emily104
01-01-14, 02:56
I do hope that you're right, I just find it so hard to understand how anxiety can affect my mind and body like this, I've been suffering from social anxiety and health anxiety most of my life and had no problems like I have now since I took the tablet, but all I have done is sat at my computer googling all day and night, I had a small panic attack 2 days ago after reading up on serotonin syndrome-an adverse reaction to antidepressants, its said to be rare and usually occurs when combining 2 meds together, but can occur when stating a new med, this scared me and made me feel a little worse :weep:

TooMuchToLiveFor
01-01-14, 03:08
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/panicattack/

Check out this link......

---------- Post added at 21:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/

This link may be very helpful to you......