PDA

View Full Version : Hi all - thanks for the help so far!

Follow The Sun
01-01-14, 14:29
Hi there

This is the first time I've posted on one of these forums but I've been a regular visitor over the past few weeks as I've gone back on an SSRI for the second time and found it a challenge, to say the least. I'm 33, had panic attacks and general anxiety for a few years and found Citalopram a lifeline in the past - this time it's not playing along!

It's really good to know there are others out there who understand and have been through the same thing as I'm getting back on my feet.

Hope I can offer support as well as receiving it!

Happy new year.

Jen

Annie0904
01-01-14, 14:48
Hi welcome to Nmp :)

Follow The Sun
01-01-14, 14:52
Thanks Annie!

TooMuchToLiveFor
01-01-14, 17:03
Glad you found us! I am a relative newbie, but have found many tools here to help. Happy to chat whenever you need a listening ear! :welcome:

hard to live with
01-01-14, 17:20
back on cit making me worse than ever. my husband does not understand it at all.

TooMuchToLiveFor
01-01-14, 17:25
HardtoLiveWith- So sorry to hear that. How long have you been on this time?

Follow The Sun
01-01-14, 17:32
back on cit making me worse than ever. my husband does not understand it at all.

Hi "Hard To Live With" (bet you're not really!)

I couldn't believe how different the experience with Citalopram has been this time. First time easy after maybe a wobbly week or two. This time, I'm three weeks in and I've been up and down, and down a bit more, and back up again.

I have a very understanding, wise relative who I'm staying with at the moment but it's hard for my boyfriend and other people.

Tell your other half it's definitely not just you!!

Jen

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:30 ----------

Glad you found us! I am a relative newbie, but have found many tools here to help. Happy to chat whenever you need a listening ear! :welcome:
Thanks so much for your message! Forums like this are great - anxiety can be so isolating. Knowing there are others out there to talk to is a huge help.

cmc46
02-01-14, 12:06
I have just gone back on to 20mg citalopram after 3 weeks on 10mg, and still not feeling any benefit, I started on them originally in July 2012 and felt really good last summer so weaned down to 5mg in September, I stayed on this dose for 2 months but felt things weren't right so asked my GP if I could go back to 10mg thinking it would work straight away but it didn't so now on 20mg, this is my 18th day, I have felt so much worse this time and beginning to wonder if it is ever going to work. When they say it can take 4-6 weeks before starting to work does this include the 3 weeks on 10mg or once starting 20mg as I know this is the therapeutic dose?