PDA

View Full Version : worrying about nut allergy

lollypopgirl1981
01-01-14, 21:03
Hi wonder if anyone could help, my daughter is 5yrs old, im getting in a panic lately as ive never gave her nuts or anything made with nuts ie peanut butter anything that has nuts in but she does it things that say may contain traces of nuts and eats things that say may contain nuts...ie maryland cookies chocolate chip...not the hazelnut ones lol...but its driving me made checking everyhing to see if it has nuts in...she eats ice cream from cafes etc and bakery things whih I know could have traces of nuts around...I dont want to get blood tests done yet as she would hate that amd I dont want to upset her cos of me panicing any ideas....am I being over the top and would she of had a reaction by now sory for long post x

Fishmanpa
01-01-14, 21:13
Chances are very good that she's eaten things that contain nuts, nut oils or cooked in it. If there's been no reaction then why worry? PB&J on soft white bread is a staple of childhood. I wouldn't deny her ;)

Positive thoughts

Althea
01-01-14, 22:55
She's apparently less likely to have allergies if she has had some exposure, too.

Is there some reason that you're focusing on this worry with her? (Well, these worries, since peanut allergies are different from tree nut allergies.) Have you mentioned this concern to her GP, and has there been an answer?

lollypopgirl1981
02-01-14, 23:06
Thank u both for your replys, ive always been careful with wat she eats incase she had a bad rwaction to nuts a friends children did and nearly died...so always worried incase my daughter is allergic of nuts, I havent spoke to gp but I will do...x