PDA

View Full Version : scared from inhaling hair mousse

LostinThought
01-01-14, 22:15
I'm really panicking right now. I found some hair mousse in my cupboard and without thinking raised the nozzle to my nose and smelled it twice. Then I read the warning signs on the side of the bottle and my heart dropped. I'm scared its going to make me sick, would this have been enough to count as solvent abuse? Thank you.

RoseEve
01-01-14, 22:36
No it won't make you sick from just smelling it. People that abuse it fully inhale it several times.

lizzie29
01-01-14, 22:50
I've often smelt products like that, including body sprays etc. Just smelling it once or twice is totally different to proper inhaling.

LostinThought
01-01-14, 22:51
thank you. I was trying to tell myself it was only two short sniffs because I liked the smell. I didnt even press the button so no gas came out. It was just something stupid I did without thinking. I will be wiser from now on.

sophieunderscore
01-01-14, 22:53
I could have written this post myself, nope you are absolutely fine, I'm pretty sure you can't accidently do solvent abuse :)

LostinThought
01-01-14, 23:03
:D Thanks, Sophie. Hehe, you could have? Are you as easily spooked from whiffing artificial products as I am?

sophieunderscore
01-01-14, 23:20
I managed to squirt canned air up my nose the other day and freaked out for a while! The anti-drugs videos in school terrified me :)