PDA

View Full Version : have i overdosed on propanolol :/

eastofeden
02-01-14, 01:50
My doctor gave me these 80mg tablets to take whenever i get nervous i take one everyday but today i drank loads of coffee like 4 cups which gives me racing heart answer high blood pressure up to about 140/110 so i thought i should play it safe anyway i accidentally had 3 throughout the day today. It says on the pack you take it 3 times a day for anxiety or high bp but im worried my body isn't used to it :( i have taken 140mg in one day before with no ill effects but this is 240mg.

I don't feel dizzy my heart rate is a little slow but hasn't gone below 60. It's usually about 90bpm so yeah im just really worried and feel stupid now what should i do? How much is too much? I don't know why i tried to self medicate should i go to the dr it'slike 2am now.

Fishmanpa
02-01-14, 02:06
You'll be fine. You spread them out over the day. It's just one dose more than you've had before and you've done no more than the package recommends.

Positive thoughts

eastofeden
02-01-14, 02:22
I called the nhs 24 nurse and told her i think i took about 140mg in one go and she said not to worry unless i start vomiting or passing out. so i do feel a bit better but i keep feeling my pulse in case it drops too much. i drank so much caffeine today so im hoping it will balance out my bp. im so dumb sometimes. thanks fishmanpa im gonna ask my sister to keep an eye on me.