PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I take my own advise

rebeccad
02-01-14, 07:58
Few days ago I replied to a twitching thread saying id had it before and not to worry as it just makes it worse , I've woke up today with my thigh twitching constant for the last 5 hours or so and it's stressing me out , I've got an angel on my shoulder saying you've had it before and it will go and a devil saying you may have this forever it's driving me crazy and I can't think of anything else it's just there popping away :(

Annie0904
02-01-14, 08:38
At least you are on the start to rationalising your thoughts. My thoughts argued with each other fo a while and now it is mostly the rational one that wins :) it is good that you are recognising this.

rebeccad
02-01-14, 08:43
Thanks I didn't see it that way , but the negative are deffo winning at the moment :(

RoseEve
02-01-14, 10:43
I have the same exact twitching at the moment and it's freaking me out too. But I've had muscle twitches too. I have the same thoughts.

rb1978
02-01-14, 19:46
I'm like this - though in my case not with twitching, just with a hundred other things lol. . I can advise others but then work myself up into a state over my own symptoms. Is almost as if there's a little voice inside saying that other people suffer from anxiety and it is aggravating their symptoms, or even completely causing them sometimes, but is that really true in my case or am I genuinely dying of something horrific. Can't take my own advice.

Annie is right. ... there's a rational voice, the Angel on your shoulder. Don't underestimate how good it is that there is this little internal battle between the voice saying 'don't worry you've had this before" and the other more negative voice. It shows you're aware of the rational viewpoint rather than just thinking and completely believing the irrational voice. Awareness is a big part of challenging negative thoughts and altering your thinking.

rebeccad
02-01-14, 19:49
Thanks for taking time to answer my thread it's true we can all rationalise everybody else's problems but when it comes to ourselves it's sooo hard x