PDA

View Full Version : fear of heart or lung malfunction

clairegibsonx3
02-01-14, 12:51
Hi everyone, my name is claire and I am a 16 year old girl fearing for my life as I think something is seriously wrong with my lungs or something. I feel restricted to the amount of air my lungs allow me to inhale and i feel breathless even if I as much as sit up after been layed down for a period of time. I have been sufferig from anxiety for 3 years and 2 years ago I was prescribed propranolol, to take 40mg 3 times a day. They help with the racing heart etc but this breathing situation is beging to affect my everyday life for example going to school (15 munute walk) I am breathless when I reach the doors. I have a habbit of walking fast because im nervous on the streets but I just want this thought of my heart going to burt of my lungs to stop working, out of my head!

I would appreciate any comments back as well as your own experiences. I am knew to the site and might I add you a are very kind considerate bunch, reassurance is the key and I know time after time I get it I tend to worry not long after it again! (I hate the vicious circle)

CeeCeeCee
02-01-14, 15:04
Hi Claire, this and that makes your breathing shallow. Try reading about breathing exercises, they really do help a lot. Try and relax your shoulders and upper body too. Best of luck!is most definitely anxiety and tension related. Your chest muscles are tense all the time with your anxiety

---------- Post added at 15:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

"That should read, this sounds like anxiety and tension and that makes your breathing shallow." Sorry, no idea how that happened. But I suppose 'this and that' will often makes you tense ;-)