PDA

View Full Version : Hello I am feeling sick and sore tummy

Bridie
14-11-06, 14:11
This is all new to me so hopefully this is a good move. Been suffering for many years on and off but I am now finally doing something about it. bad day today feeling very sick with sore tummy and lots of burping off my food. Can't get to grips with the ups ad downs of this illness it's a right kick in the tee:( day.

Bridie

carlin
14-11-06, 14:23
Hi there, so sorry you are having a rough time right now, but pleased to meet you. It is a very difficult thing to deal with, but coming here you will receive lots of good advice and support. Tummy problems are very common with anxiety and make you feel just how you are today, try eating a little something, maybe some soup or hot choc...a few biscuits, have a good look through this site on all the information available. The main thing i found is not to be too scared of it all, it is horrendous but you can and will get better. speak very soon. xxxxx

LickeyEndBlues
14-11-06, 14:27
Welcome to NMP Bridie,

Sorry you are feeeling pretty cr*p!!

Rest assured you are not alone in here and you will find plenty help, advice and most importantly support. We might not make th etummy pains go away but we might make you feel a bit better.

Have you checked with the doc? They might be able to advise better whether it is anxiety of something else, but my money is anxiety..

Keep us posted and great tosee you here.

Take care

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

Bridie
14-11-06, 14:29
Thanks for getting back to me i am trying to eat some soup just now as I type. Will look through the site as you suggest. It's good to know there are people out there that have beat this. I have never been so scared in my life as i have been over the last few weeks Bridie xxxxx

Bridie

carlin
14-11-06, 14:35
Hi again Bridie, keep munching the soup as you type, try a little bread with it too....the fear is so awful, but once you understand that anxiety gives us so many dreadful symptoms, BUT it does not harm/kill or send us mad, I can promise it will ease a little Have you had anything to upset you more than usual recently that may have made it a little worse???? keep reading and munching by the way..xxx

Bridie
14-11-06, 14:49
half way through soup lol
had a cold last week then sinus problems got some anti bi's from doc but started to feel sick so spoke with doc yesterday and he told me to stop taking them to see if things improved so could be that feel sick but not been sick xxx

Bridie

carlin
14-11-06, 14:53
Me again, you will be sick of me soon!!! That explains why you feel so bad...now, and this is an order, finish your soup, have a little read through this site and then have a little rest (if poss), your body is telling you it feels a little off colour and once you stop feeling sick you will be a little stronger to take on the anxiety and depression, now eat and rest!!! xxxxxxxp.s a good lady here used to tell me to sip tonic water for the burping and sicky feeling.xx

Bridie
14-11-06, 14:58
Thanks will do hope to speak again and that I feel better soon xxx

Bridie

yorkylover
14-11-06, 16:23
Hi bridie and welcome.You will get lots of support here.Anxiety causes all sorts of problems.I have alot of tummy problems to.You will get lots of helpfull advise here to.;)

Ellen XX

littleK
14-11-06, 16:41
Welcome Bridie

Hope yer feelin better. Rest assured, you have made a GREAT move by joining this site. I only logged on last week and have had no end of support when i have been down and a few laughs in the chat room too!
It's so good to know that we are not alone :D
anytime you feel like a hug or a giggle or just a general moan!!
Take care
little K
xx

scaredycat2001
14-11-06, 17:58
hi bridie,
hope you're feeling a bit better. i suffer with tummy troubles too and find it can be a vicious circle. take all the advice and see what works-welcome to the site!

scaredycat

Bridie
14-11-06, 18:17
Thanks for all the replies. It does help. Has anyone got any tips that can help with this sick feeling? don't feel like doing anything today and usually i have been ablem to do yoga or go for a walk on the beach. just feeling shaky and my tumy is really tender with a dull ache. My husband is off to get me some tonic water to see if that helps. I will try a nd eat a biscuit. Do painkillers help like paracetamol? Thanks again everyone xxxxx:D

Bridie

honeybee3939
14-11-06, 19:26
Hi Bridie

A BIG warm welcome you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some good advice here while making new friends on the way !:D

Take a look at this post it may help:

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxx

Bridie
14-11-06, 19:38
Thanks andrea Having read the frist steps i am interested in the Bach Remedies do you know if I can take them whilst on Citalopram?
Love Bridie

Bridie

mad_shell66
15-11-06, 09:14
hiya nice to meet you bridie

shellxx

trac67
15-11-06, 09:42
Hi Bridie,

welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

It is best to check with a pharmacist about taking bach remedies whilst on citalopram as i do know a lot of herbal meds can affect the prescribed meds we take.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
19-11-06, 20:46
Hi Bridie

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope you get some great support and advice on here.

Please feel free to ask us any questions you need answering.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel