PDA

View Full Version : Ranting!!

laura1988
02-01-14, 17:10
So sick of feeling like I'm gonna die!! Spoke to another doc today who also said that everything sounded normal and doesn't think there is anything to worry about! But still the head pains and weird eye! Is there anyone that's been hit the head on or near there temple? Just need a bit of reassurance xxxx

Fishmanpa
02-01-14, 17:14
So sick of feeling like I'm gonna die!! Spoke to another doc today who also said that everything sounded normal and doesn't think there is anything to worry about! But still the head pains and weird eye! Is there anyone that's been hit the head on or near there temple? Just need a bit of reassurance xxxx

Well... everyone here did reassure you and you still went to a walk in clinic and another doctor who said exactly what we all said.

What could we say that would make a difference?

Hope you feel better :)

Positive thoughts

HoneyLove
02-01-14, 17:15
Laura I think you've written before about clenching your jaw and dizziness, it's very possible the blurry eye and head pains are a part of this - I have very similar problems for the last year. Did you ever go to get any help with the jaw clenching?

It's been a long time since you hit your head, and you've been checked out by doctors, so I think you can be reassured that the bump on your head isn't the cause of your problems x

laura1988
02-01-14, 17:20
I understand that, but i wanted to know if anyone else has been through the same sort of thing and as it was a head injury I thought it would be best to get checked out by my own doctor.. Thanks for the reply I'm hoping it goes soon too :) xxx

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

Thanks honey love, I didn't even think about that tbh, I think it's prob just me creating more of the pains and things! I guess it's just because of where the pains are! Thanks again! Xxx

Daisy Sue
02-01-14, 17:23
It'll go.. you've seen doctors and made them aware of what happened and how you feel, and they're not concerned.

Any bang on the body hurts and can feel weird for days after, and it's probably just the after-effects you're feeling. I'd just take paracetamol and try not to worry. :)

laura1988
02-01-14, 18:14

Leslie735
02-01-14, 18:23
How hard did you hit your head? I think I responded to you the other day, I hit my head on my car the other day and it took a day or so for the ache it was giving me to go away. If you hit is particularly hard it can take some time to subside. Did the Dr. do any Xrays or anything to make sure the blow didn't cause anything? I think the biggest concern with head injuries is concussion but that would have presented itself way before now. I think you are fine and just so worked up you can't relax. Believe me, I understand how you feel! I hope you feel better soon! :hugs:

ps have you taken any over the counter pain relievers? If so how did that go?

laura1988
02-01-14, 18:37
I've taken some meds, it does help, it was pretty hard, I never passed out just dizzy for a few seconds then later on in the night I blurry eye and shooting pains around where I did it and some pressure, I had know scans or anything they did a nero test and that was fine! Don't think it's as bad as It has been just taken a lorazapam so hoping that might calm me down a bit lol thank u zxx

Leslie735
02-01-14, 19:08
I've taken some meds, it does help, it was pretty hard, I never passed out just dizzy for a few seconds then later on in the night I blurry eye and shooting pains around where I did it and some pressure, I had know scans or anything they did a nero test and that was fine! Don't think it's as bad as It has been just taken a lorazapam so hoping that might calm me down a bit lol thank u zxx

From the sound of it, it's just taking some time to heal, which is normal. Think of when you hit your leg or arm on a corner of a table, you get bad looking bruise, it can take a week or so to go away. Just try and relax as best you can. I know easier said than done.