PDA

View Full Version : Testing for diabetes.

Rls1994
02-01-14, 22:16
I've got to have full blood work done and a fasting test (I think..), so will these detect diabetes? Also, how many shots do I have to have during the fasting test? I hate needles and I fainted and hit my head hard on the ground last month when I had one done. :/

nomorepanic
02-01-14, 22:19
It depends if they have asked to test for diabetes or not

Probably 2 at the most

Annie0904
02-01-14, 22:23
I am having one done in the morning...no breakfast for me :(

Rls1994
02-01-14, 22:50
Yeah, I asked if I could be tested for diabetes. Good Luck to you Annie! I've got to have it tomorrow too! lol. Gotta fast next Tuesday as well since I'm having an endoscopy. :(

Annie0904
02-01-14, 23:33
I was really anxious before my endoscopy but it was fine and I got a lovely cup of tea and toast after :)

AuntieMoosie
03-01-14, 23:16
It doesn't really matter what they're testing you for, normally the nurse will only have to go in once with the needle, then she will draw up enough blood for the tests that you're doctor wants done, they put the bloods into little separate pots for different tests.

I have to have a lot of tests done every 6 months but it's only ever one needle hun :)

lucy sarah
11-02-14, 12:28
I've got to have full blood work done and a fasting test (I think..), so will these detect diabetes? Also, how many shots do I have to have during the fasting test? I hate needles and I fainted and hit my head hard on the ground last month when I had one done. :/

It's minimum 2. :bighug1:

sarahsarah
11-02-14, 20:01
It will likely be one needle insertion from which they will take as many vials as they need. I had five vials taken when I was tested for diabetes, but just one needle went in my arm, once. I always look the other way when having blood tests, don't feel anything other than a slight scratch then in no time, it's all done. Please don't worry too much xx