PDA

View Full Version : Ulcer or worse

jillyb
03-01-14, 06:44
Been posting about my stomach issues but really freaking out now. Everyone keeps saying its anxiety causing my symptoms but it's not. Yesterday I decided not to take the 2nd omeprazole, even though I felt a bit burny. Took some gaviscon instead. Went to bed, woke up with acid reflux, went back to sleep and woke up at 2 ish feeling burny and a bit nauseous, got up and had some porridge as I hadn't eaten much, had some gaviscon and managed to sleep for a couple of hours. Woke up 2 hours later with burning and nausea and now sitting here worried out of my mind. Going to take the omeprazole even though it isn't working. Petrified it's you know what. Sick of people telling me it's anxiety. Yes, I am very anxious but it's because of this. Seeing the doctor today but so terrified.

---------- Post added at 06:44 ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 ----------

Please somebody reply

HoneyLove
03-01-14, 07:59
Hi Jilly,

What is your diet like? Do you avoid food & drink that can make your stomach feel worse?

Are you taking the omeprazole on an empty stomach?

Although anxiety might not be the main cause of your stomach problems, it can definitely make it worse as it will raise acidity levels in your stomach. When I get stressed or anxious my stomach is one of the first things that acts up and my reflux gets so much worse almost immediately. It's amazing what an effect anxiety can have on us physically.

jillyb
03-01-14, 11:03
Thanks for replying Honeylove. I'm being really careful what I eat, but probably not enough. So stressed that the omeprazole aren't working. Had zantac for a week before that and that did nothing. Sitting here shaking, with a knotted feeling in my stomach and feeling nauseous. Seeing doctor at 9.50 so really scared. I know worrying doesn't help but I am off the scale with anxiety and dreaded fear.

---------- Post added at 11:03 ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 ----------

Been to doctor who has changed me to nexium and given me some diazepam, though scared about interaction. If these don't work he will order further investigations which is freaking me out. So stressed and frightened. Fed up with feeling cr*p, burning stomach etc. Can't believe anxiety is fuelling this.

Althea
03-01-14, 15:39
jillyb, anxiety doesn't mean the physical symptoms aren't real. I see you've got diazepam, which means you've told them about your anxiety--good for you! You might try some of the free online courses for anxiety that get posted here, too. I understand that it feels like the anxiety is a response to the physical symptoms, but even if you changed only the anxiety and had the same physical symptoms, I bet you'd feel a lot better overall, so it might be worth a try.

jillyb
03-01-14, 16:10
Thanks Althea. I took a diazepam about an hour a go. Really stressing now as I know they interact but I am in such a state I had to, but I'm in a worse state now. I ate some toast and a yoghurt at 11 and immediately felt incredibly sick for ages and much worse than before. Wish I had told the doc this, but I had only been feeling slightly nauseous before, which I told him about a couple of weeks ago. This sickness came on after my appointment. I have never felt as bad mentally or physically as I do now.

Althea
03-01-14, 18:37
But your doctor also knows about the possible interaction and I suspect knows more about it than you do :). I suspect he factored that in the dose size of the diazepam you got, and you probably weren't going to be started out on a very high dose of diazepam anyway. "Interaction" doesn't mean "You can't take these things together ever."