PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like Anxiety to you?

AnxietySufferer
03-01-14, 14:24
:(

Leslie735
03-01-14, 14:56
I don't know about the arm but the breathing, headache, stomach troubles and fatigue can definitely be from anxiety. Are you worried about it?

AnxietySufferer
03-01-14, 16:41
:(

Leslie735
03-01-14, 16:58
I know exactly how you feel. My symptom has been urinary problems ever since 3 weeks ago I went to see my Dr. with what I felt was a UTI. My test came back negative and she put me on antibiotics anyway. I've been dealing with frequent urination ever since off and on. It's taking over my life at the moment and I cannot stand it. I'm so worried it's something else than anxiety even though everyone keeps telling me it is. I totally get how you feel. :hugs:

Dinky Donut
03-01-14, 18:54
Stomach troubles and frequent urination are classic anxiety symptoms. My anxiety started with stress 4 months ago and first symptoms were chronic indigestion. I had an endoscopy which showed nothing this was followed by weight loss (around a stone) and frequent urination which i have had every day since August. I've since had blood tests, urine tests, urine crytology, chest x ray, kidney MRI, ECG, heart echo and still nothing! Anxiety is a very physical. Now struggling to put weight back on.

Fishmanpa
03-01-14, 19:00
Stomach troubles and frequent urination are classic anxiety symptoms. My anxiety started with stress 4 months ago and first symptoms were chronic indigestion. I had an endoscopy which showed nothing this was followed by weight loss (around a stone) and frequent urination which i have had every day since August. I've since had blood tests, urine tests, urine crytology, chest x ray, kidney MRI, ECG, heart echo and still nothing! Anxiety is a very physical. Now struggling to put weight back on.

From the "Symptoms" link on the left side of the page. If you read through it, you'll find 99% of what's discussed here on the boards.

Kidneys, urgency to urinate, frequent urination, sudden urge to go to the toilet

What you feel:

You have an urgent need to go to the toilet, even though you may have just gone. Starts decreasing urine output but initially wants to get rid of everything already waiting to be excreted. May need to visit the loo urgently.

What causes this:

High stress biology produces the need to eliminate. It does so because when the body prepares for action, it wants to eliminate all waste matter in order to make the body as well prepared for action as possible. Having all excess baggage removed, the individual will be at their peak readiness in order to 'fight or run' - the 'fight or flight' response, produced by the Emergency alarm.
This symptom is very common and often experienced by stage performers just before they are to perform. Unfortunately, for those who experience anxiety disorder, a high level of stress biology will produce this symptom, and as long as the stress biology is high, the symptom will be produced. That's just how the body was engineered. Some remedies include ant-acids, diarrhea medication, relaxation and deep breathing.

AnxietySufferer
03-01-14, 19:21
Leslie that sounds really frustrating :( its a good sign that the test came back negative though, and at least if it is an infection it will clear up with the antibiotics! I completely get what you mean about constantly thinking what if its something else.. i do this so often. I currently keep getting a pain in my lower right back and i keep worrying about what it is.. i know its probably all anxiety related, i so badly wish i could just believe what the doctor says.. or even better that the doctor could be 100% sure :( we can get over this though!!