PDA

View Full Version : Urgent..anyone taken omeprazole and diazepam

jillyb
03-01-14, 14:57
Dr prescribed diazepam 2mg for me to take with my omeprazole as. Am in a terrible state. I know there is an interaction between them so am very scared. Have just taken it and want to know iff anyone else has taken them. Tomorrow I have take nexium instead of omeprazole, anyone taken these together?

Daisy Sue
03-01-14, 16:06
The interaction warning between those two drugs is purely due to the omeprazole slowing down your liver eliminating the diazepam, thus it may remain in your body for longer or feel like a slightly larger dose. You're only on 2mg diazepam, so honestly I wouldn't worry - you might just feel sleepier than normal.

If your GP prescribed the two drugs knowing you would take them together, then you can rest assured it'll be fine.

jillyb
03-01-14, 16:16
Thanks Daisy Sue. I am struggling really badly with my stomach and fears. I have taken a diazepam now but feel bad and very scared. Just not coping at all. The doc thinks it's the anxiety that is causing my stomach problems but I don't. Was on zantac for a week, then 40mg omeprazole for 2 weeks but nothing is working. I can't think of anything but my stomach. It's obsessional. Ate 2 pieces of toast and a yoghurt and the burning started and I felt so sick for ages. Now too scared to eat but I will have to. Thanks for replying.

Daisy Sue
03-01-14, 16:20
That's ok :)

I've been there too, with the stomach issues - it really is horrible when you dread eating because of how it'll make you feel, but know you have to eat anyway :( Just go really gentle, eat little & often, & it'll heal with the help of the omeprazole. It took ages for mine to settle properly so hang on in there.

jillyb
03-01-14, 16:26
Thanks Daisy, it's so good when people reply. I feel so alone and I can't stop crying. I am so scared that it's serious and really worried that the tablets aren't working. Start on the nexium tomorrow so I hope they will work. Maybe I am being too impatient but I just want to feel better.

Pcdaft
18-09-14, 23:34
I was given it too but with pro propanol so is that safe to take as well