PDA

View Full Version : Is it anxiety?

mermaid
03-01-14, 17:57
Feeling much better overall at week 8 of increased dose of citalopram but keep having episodes of the usual churning stomach which makes me feel it's all starting again. It never gets as bad as a panic attack in fact I can just be sitting at home watching tv and stomach starts and the fear of it getting worse.

Is this anxiety and or depression or just a familiar stomach sensation causing fear?

Mermaid

Rennie1989
03-01-14, 18:21
Could be anxiety or the medication. Is there anything that could be contributing to your anxiety, like your diet, alcohol, work, relationship?

cymraig_chris
03-01-14, 18:25
Anxiety is adrenaline. Adrenaline is excitement. Depression is the emotional limitations we put on ourselves because we fear the perfect safety of adrenaline.

Decide not to fear excitement. Your depression will lift fast.

mermaid
03-01-14, 18:47
Yes Rennie quite a lot going on. Mum passed away in March, hubby lost his job few months ago and I am returning to work after 2 months off due to anxiety/depression. Have felt much better and able to cope then every now and then I'm just sitting quietly and my stomach starts to churn and I start to feel anxious but inside if you know what I mean.

Mermaid

teej
03-01-14, 19:20
I think it's natural if you're prone to anxiety. I get the same. Do you find the television you are watching engages you sufficiently? I certainly find when sitting sufficiently unengaged my mind will wander.

I find during physical exercise I get the beginnings of such a feeling and then work out harder and forget it. Cycling is brilliant ( despite what the Daily Mail says... :weep: )

mermaid
03-01-14, 19:44
Teej it seems to come out of the blue even when I think I am fully engaged in something!

Wanted to try and walk it off which helps usually but it's dark, raining and freezing cold!

Have resorted to 2mg diazepam which I've not had for quite a few weeks which makes me feel am going backwards again.

Mermaid

debbielansbury
05-01-14, 20:43
i was diagnosed with GAD many years ago i was prescribed medication and then became pregnant with my daughter and came off the medication this was 1994 it felt managable for many years without meds but lately i have felt awful really jumpy and my mind races 24/7 i cant relax i have bought some kalms and see if they work the dr has sent me for therapy but the sessions are done over the phone it is CBT i have another session tommorow i want this to work but i am so irritated all the time no libido and angry its horrible i just want to be happy my mum has damentia so that is a worry but i have a home and a lovely little family no money worries i just want to feel better any suggestions i am going in the right direction treatment wise or shall i go back to my gp not sure what to do:shrug:

Rennie1989
06-01-14, 12:34
It sounds like all what's happened has contributed to your anxiety. Returning to work causes many people anxiety, whether they have an anxiety disorder or not, so that is normal, but with the loss of your mother and your husband losing his job certainly sounds like it's contributed to it.

Take care of yourself and take everything step by step.