PDA

View Full Version : Parents splitting up

AnxietySufferer
03-01-14, 20:39
How do people deal with this? My parents haven't been happy for a while especially my dad, and they eke hinting that they want to split up.. I don't know how to deal with this, I love them both and just want them to be happy. I don't know what to do because it means I'm constantly worried (especially about my mum) I don't want one of them to be living on their own.. It would probably make my dad happier but what about my mum??

Rennie1989
03-01-14, 22:15
I'm so sorry to hear this. All I can suggest is to be there for both parents, especially your mum. Let them know that you love them, what ever happens. Maybe take them both out, separately, either for lunch, coffee or shopping.

Annie0904
03-01-14, 22:19
A marriage break up is not easy for anyone and I can understand it being a concern for you. Don't worry about one of your parents being on their own...it will be their choice and they will be able to adjust and you will be able to visit and spend time with both parents. It is important that you talk to your parents about your feelings too. :hugs::hugs:

vicky23
04-01-14, 21:37
hi,
can I ask how old you are? My Dad left my Mam when I was 21, it was totally unexpected and I was pretty devastated but I got through it and I've still got a really good relationship with my Dad. I do worry about my Mam being on her own and I hated that she was hurt but I'm proud of how she's coped.
So while I do very much hope that your parents can find a way to work it out, if it does come to separation there is still hope.

little kyle
04-01-14, 22:02
my mum and dad split up when i was still in nappies..... but hey that's life did not grow up with him i see him as and when and tbh it was his fault the jar head cheating

Sometimes relationships dont last some times there strong. brake ups are nothing to do with the children but between both lovers

my dad said i was not to hurt me and he never ment it to

ktylizbth
05-01-14, 01:41
If they aren't happy, then it will most likely be a better thing for both of them. Dad will be happier because he could be with someone he WANTS to be with. And your mom will have new opportunities opened to her.

If this was happening to me I would just try to be there for each of my parents and spend more quality time with each of them. It would be much harder on my parents if they have additional stress of children not being happy about the separation, so I would just try to be supportive of whatever decision they choose.

AnxietySufferer
05-01-14, 08:22
I so badly don't want to make anything harder for them :( I already feel as though I have stressed them out enough... I just want them to be happy :( I'm 17 by the way