PDA

View Full Version : Back pain

stressedmamof3
03-01-14, 21:15
Around 6-7 weeks ago, I turned over in bed and felt soreness around my left rib area but not in my ribs, these was really bad all the next day, then seemed to subside. So over the weeks it's still there but dull. The past 3 days iv been panicking as iv had a burning sensation in my middle to top spine and also around my back rib area but it feels like my actual back not my ribs.... Freaking out as not sure what this could be :wacko:

stressedmamof3
04-01-14, 20:57
60 plus views and no replies :scared15:

cpe1978
04-01-14, 21:02
The usual reason on this site for no or few replies is that there really is little that people can say. None of us are medical professionals as far as I know, and even a reputable medical professional wouldn't give online advice to symptoms.

Also you see enough posts on here to know that reassurance through shared experience is pointless and at best offers only short term relief.

If you are genuinely concerned then it is worth visiting your GP. If you think you might have health anxiety then it is probably worth developing a plan to tackle that. Otherwise today's back pain will soon become tomorrow's different symptom.

Tackle the source of the problem rather than the symptom. To cure famine you don't give food, you give people the means with which to create their own and moving on from anxiety is no different.

Hope that doesn't sound harsh, but I am one of the 60 views and can't think of anything to say that you might want to hear, sorry.

Leslie735
05-01-14, 01:56
Sounds like maybe you hurt something in your back/side area and it's taking time to heal, which can be normal. Have you tried taking some over the counter pain medication? If you have, did it work? I hope you feel better soon! :hugs:

stressedmamof3
05-01-14, 10:57
Thanks for replies :hugs:
I just get so stressed and worried and keep thinking of pancreas /spleen problems.im at the doctors on thurs to discuss the migraines I've been getting so will mention it.
Just worried because I have also been getting a slight twinge every few hours, sort of at the top of my upper left abdomen which is where pancreatic problems are associated :weep:

Fishmanpa
05-01-14, 15:08
Thanks for replies :hugs:
I just get so stressed and worried and keep thinking of pancreas /spleen problems.im at the doctors on thurs to discuss the migraines I've been getting so will mention it.
Just worried because I have also been getting a slight twinge every few hours, sort of at the top of my upper left abdomen which is where pancreatic problems are associated :weep:

A "slight twinge" every few hours does not constitute a problem. I get more "slight twinges" than you can shake a stick at practically 24/7 and there's nothing wrong. Everyone gets "slight twinges" all the time. It's what our bodies do sometimes. Sit at a computer for a time and you can get a "slight twinge" in your neck. Scrub the floor and you can get a "slight twinge" in your back or arms. Normal stuff really :)

Positive thoughts

stressedmamof3
05-01-14, 15:48
I have read a few of your replies last few month and you seem quite a relaxed person offering kind words and reassurance at all times :)
Really hope I'm ok but now I'm getting a deep pain in my left upper back when I take a deep breath, I also think the pain is radiating to my left shoulder .... I Don't think it's good :(

Fishmanpa
05-01-14, 16:03
I have read a few of your replies last few month and you seem quite a relaxed person offering kind words and reassurance at all times :)
Really hope I'm ok but now I'm getting a deep pain in my left upper back when I take a deep breath, I also think the pain is radiating to my left shoulder .... I Don't think it's good :(

Thanks... I don't have anxiety so I don't stress over niggles and such. I have had a couple of heart attacks and cancer so I do know what many here fear. So, with your pain? You don't "think" it's good because you're focused on it and you have HA ;)

Positive thoughts

stressedmamof3
05-01-14, 16:15
Tbh, it's not a pain as such, the back thing is like a burning sensation or deep sensation which is from mid to upper left back, just the past few hours it has been going around onto my shoulder and blade and possibly bottom of my neck.
Thing is, I have 3lovely children, my son is disabled and they all need me, I'm so scared of leaving them.
My husband is fed up off all of this and said next week it will be something else :weep:

---------- Post added at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

just seen that you have had cancer, im ever so sorry, hope your all well now xx
,QUOTE=Fishmanpa;1261464]Thanks... I don't have anxiety so I don't stress over niggles and such. I have had a couple of heart attacks and cancer so I do know what many here fear. So, with your pain? You don't "think" it's good because you're focused on it and you have HA ;)

Positive thoughts[/QUOTE]

Fishmanpa
05-01-14, 19:35
Tbh, it's not a pain as such, the back thing is like a burning sensation or deep sensation which is from mid to upper left back, just the past few hours it has been going around onto my shoulder and blade and possibly bottom of my neck.
Thing is, I have 3lovely children, my son is disabled and they all need me, I'm so scared of leaving them.
My husband is fed up off all of this and said next week it will be something else :weep:

It honestly sounds muscular in nature. Being the spouse of someone that suffers from a mental illness is challenging. I know this having been married to someone who suffered from severe depression disorder along with hoarding. Taking the initiative and seeking treatment for your anxiety will lessen the stress on you as well as your family. I implore you to do so. There is a free CBT program here that I highly recommend. I downloaded it and have found it helpful in dealing some of the minor depression issues I face post treatment.

---------- Post added at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

just seen that you have had cancer, im ever so sorry, hope your all well now xx

I'm 8 months post treatment for stage IV head and neck cancer. While I'm doing "Ok", I suffer from a plethora of side effects from treatment. There isn't a moment or day that I don't know or feel the effects of it. That's why I was saying that every little niggle or pain is not a serious, deadly illness. If I had anxiety, I'd be a basket case with all the niggles I have ;) Overall though I'm very blessed and fortunate and it sure beats the alternative! ;) I get "scanxiety" when check up/follow-up time comes. I go again in February to get scoped, scanned, poked and prodded. Hopefully, all will still be clean and clear.

[/QUOTE]

Positive thoughts

stressedmamof3
05-01-14, 20:29
Fingers crossed for you.
I have tried cbt in the past but its always been at times when I feel fine in myself so it was of no use, I could go back on the waiting list but that can take 3-4 month by which time I might be 'over' this worry.
Do u have a link to the cbt on here please ?
Thanks

Fishmanpa
05-01-14, 20:35
Here you go!

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91696]

It takes work but anything worth while always does :)
I think as you read this, you'll have a lot of "Ah Ha" moments. Understanding the physiology behind anxiety is very helpful. Just as I learned everything I could about my cancer, learning everything you can about your anxiety will help you battle the "dragon".

Positive thoughts

stressedmamof3
06-01-14, 18:57
Thanks for link :)

Have been to work today so haven't been on to reply.
Symptoms in back are still there today , and the twinges in my front left ribs is still there, I have also acquired a sharp shooting pain on the underneath of my left arm :wacko: really getting scared now :weep:

stressedmamof3
07-01-14, 21:32
Still stressing out :( Back pain hasn't been as bad today but left rib twinges every half hour or so , also been having a lotof gurgling in left stomach today I'm so scared, I can't think of anything but pancreas/spleen problems.
I've even went as far as asking my 3children who are only 5,6 and 11, what colour the whites of my eyes are :mad: .... I'm sick of all this, going to the docs on thurs.

Althea
07-01-14, 21:33
Neither pancreas nor spleen are known for gurgling--why them instead of IBS/anxiety issues?