PDA

View Full Version : Teeth anxiety

StephanieM
03-01-14, 22:54
Hi everyone this is my first post.

I have very bad anxiety and panic attacks that have been plaguing me for years recently I have gotten it almost under control however one part I can't seem to control is my anxiety over my teeth.
Firstly I am not scared of the dentist thats not the problem. It started a few years ago when my boyfriend at the time was attacked, I watched as he was beaten up and had his front teeth knocked out, it was horrific. Since then I have had a fear of loosing my own teeth especially the front ones. I go to the dentist almost every month to have my teeth checked. One of my teeth at the back did fall out over a botched root canal and its not visible, however my dentist tried to give me a bridge for it but it didn't work, to do so he had to create a 'step' on the tooth at either side now I'm always conscious of those teeth and feel they may fall out. I also get random pain in my teeth including the front ones but Ive been constantly told by dentists that my teeth are fine.
Does anyone else experience this or know any way to overcome, its a constant thing thats taking over my life