PDA

View Full Version : heartbeats really hard

smile123
03-01-14, 23:18
Hi all hope ur all well
i am new to this site i suffer with health anxiety which i mainly focus on my heart.
ive been to docs seen a cardiologist wore a monter for 24 hours and 7 days which picked up skipped beats and sinus tachy 90-120 bpm.
recently im getting strong heartbeats even when my hr isnt fast.
i also get fast hr after a meal and when i wake from a nap does anybody else have this tia xx

skyisblue
04-01-14, 10:14
Hi smile,

I am definitely not a heart expert but be assured that anxiety can do this to you. I woke up one morning with my heart beating really fast and hard. I lost it then. Since then, it hasn't happened and I am hoping it won't happen again.

Have you talked to your doctor about this?

paul80
04-01-14, 11:10
Hi Smile. This is a common condition and I suspect there are few of us who haven't noticed our heart beating strongly, skipping a beat etc - I know mine has on occasion! As skyisblue says, anxiety can affect our heart (and other parts of our body). Yes a chat with your doctor might be a good idea, if only to reassure you.

smile123
05-01-14, 00:53
Hi thanks for the replys
i have seen my doc so many time about the heart thing she says its fine and doesnt think anythink is wrong.
i also have what i think are episodes of svt where ill get a big thud in my chest then it races and if i hold my breath and bear down i get another thud and my hr goes bk to normal but this hasnt been recorded on ecg so next time i have one she said to go straight to her and she will record it on an ecg.ive had this all my life but didnt bother me until i got anxiety.i just get worried just like all of us.
hope ur all well xxx