PDA

View Full Version : is this from general anasthetic

leenalou
04-01-14, 03:09
hi all
not posted in a while everythings been going quite well..........until now
i started back on fluoxetine around 11 months ago after the side effects went and the meds started working i felt pretty good able to face day to day challanges. on tuesday 31st dec i went into hospital for some teeth exstracted under general anasthetic it went ok came round pretty well apart from usual groggyness which is to be expected sore throat and now a stinking cold but for the last couple of days i have woke up having panic attacks in the early hours and my sleep is allover the place again feel like im going backwards, my question is do you think this is a blip from the surgery and g/a or im needing a med increase im currently on 20mg of fluoxetine and dont see my gp till weds sorry for the long post its just really frustrating when i thought i was finally getting on top of things.

opinions/advice greatly appreciated

many thanks

Cú Chulainn
04-01-14, 03:20
Well Done for doing so well for a year! :D
Personally I wouldn't bother going to the GP yet
Wait a few weeks to see if the PA's continue
Chances are its just the stress of the operation and the cold.
Just keep taking your medication and try to relax
If you don't get back to normal in a 2 weeks or so
Then visit your Gp.

leenalou
04-01-14, 03:28
hi thanks for the reply

ive a feeling you may be right but its horrid when the what if start
and the fear of going back to how i was i will try and ride it out and see how it goes

thanks again

relda
04-01-14, 09:49
After my dad had a GA he had hallucinations & all sorts for the best part of a week. Apparently one of the drugs they sometimes give you does it to dome patients.

leenalou
04-01-14, 18:33
hi relda thanks for the reply

never had a g/a before but i was doing ok till day after i had it just hoping it settles down soon

mermaid
04-01-14, 19:07
I would say it might be a combination of the anaesthetic which can stay in your system for a while and perhaps anxiety leading up to the op.

Hopefully will settle down for you soon.

Mermaid