PDA

View Full Version : Needing some support....

tanpixie
04-01-14, 08:38
HI all,
I've just had a massive panic attack and it's all started because I can't breathe properly.
I posted a thread a couple of days ago but no one really responded so posting again.

Do you guys get this...

You feel as though you can't get a deep breath, so you try to yawn, take in a deep breath but nothing works and then you just end up feeling as though you're hyperventilating?

I've had this for a week, thinking of going to the Dr to get my heart and lungs checked as it's driving me insane but it all came about after a horrible situation with my ex and I've had it before when I first started having panic attacks nearly 10 years ago.

I hate it, but need some support from you guys, anyone else get this?
What do you do to get rid of it?
If i'm busy I barely notice but as soon as it's time for bed - wham ... I can't breath.

grrrrr help......:doh:

emeraldgirl
04-01-14, 08:53
I get this sometimes when I am feeling particularly anxious. I remember the first time it happened I was in my early twenties and buying my first car! The worry about spending so much money set it off. Now I still get it but not very often and usually when I am super worried about something. I find the best thing is to distract myself as then I don't notice it.if it was something serious I think you would probably notice it all the time but you could get a check up with the doc for reassurance.

semper solus
04-01-14, 09:30
Hi

I get this allot. It sounds like Anxiety to me.

What you might like to try is burning a lavender candle in your bedroom for a while before you go to sleep. or having a camomile tea.

Nik

relda
04-01-14, 09:52
I get this a lot too, especially when I'm in stressful situations. At one point I wondered if it was some form of asthma put it turned out to be stress related.

paul80
04-01-14, 11:16
Hi tanpixie. Our body's are not perfect and occasionally they do strange things that can feel quite frightening. In my case, sometimes, just as I'm dropping off to sleep, I gasp involuntarily. Your condition sounds more like anxiety than a physical problem, but if you're still worried, or the symptoms are persisting, have a chat with your doctor. Good luck!

illgetthere
04-01-14, 11:43
If you go on my name and have a look at my posts ive been suffering this for weeks now it's the scariest feeling ever I've been using my sons inhaler that's how bad I feel like I'm gasping inside I don't no how you stop it either x

Jenwales
04-01-14, 11:48
It sounds like it could be anxiety. Counting the breaths might help to slow down your breathing. It's always good to rule out any medical issue and might give you peace of mind. i know how you can worry about symptoms though so try breathing exercises and calming e.g. have a warm bath, put lavender on your pillow
http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/gallery1.htm (free mp3 for panic attack help)
if it doesn't ease see your doctor, they will most likely check your chest and make you breath into an asthma checker.
If are having life issues it could jsut be anxiety
all the best