PDA

View Full Version : Hangover anxiety

Cammy
04-01-14, 18:15
Anyone know why we are anxious with a hangover? I had a good few drinks last night and feel a bit tender today! I am very anxious just now and feel pains in my body, mainly in my chest. Any way to overcome this? Before I just felt ill when hungover not anxious.

ShellyTai
04-01-14, 18:20
I'm in the same boat ..... I've had a few nights of having a few wines and it's hit me like a ton of bricks today ... don't know why I keep doing this to myself.
xx

Cammy
04-01-14, 18:36
I was never like that before it's so annoying. Are you okay just now??xx

Fishmanpa
04-01-14, 19:11
Anyone know why we are anxious with a hangover? I had a good few drinks last night and feel a bit tender today! I am very anxious just now and feel pains in my body, mainly in my chest. Any way to overcome this? Before I just felt ill when hungover not anxious.

Yes. DON'T DRINK! Alcohol and anxiety don't mix. If you're on meds, it's absolutely not recommended.

Positive thoughts

RoseEve
04-01-14, 19:41
We always get anxious when we aren't feeling well. I agree with fishmanpa alochol is a depressant it's best to stay away from it.

ShellyTai
04-01-14, 22:24
Totally agree - alcohol / anxiety & meds just don't mix. :weep:

Andy699
04-01-14, 22:26
I was literally about to start a new thread about this haha. I feel exactly the same, I'm quite a graver drinker and whenever I'm hungover I majorly freak out about things. It's deffo the booze, it screws with the chemicals in our brains

grace.M
04-01-14, 23:49
ah i usually can't sleep as soon as i sober up, and if i do sleep i get horrible anxiety the next day.. I'm glad its not just me! if i drink too much i often have unexplained panic attacks the day after the hangover, but i don't drink much at all anymore

purgatory
04-01-14, 23:58
Hi I'm in the same way as you today.
I drank far too much yesterday (my bday). Had a litre of brandy several cans and the went to the pub.

But today I felt really strange I did not have a hangover of sorts and that scares me more as I would normal feel rotten but today it was as if I had not been drinking.

But yeah anxiety and alcohol don't mix and throw in the meds it's not good.

I got in this morning at around 3am and took my meds.

But I have promised someone that I will limit my drinking to a few social pints and stay away from brandy and spirits fullstop. But it don't help that my only mate is a alcoholic.