PDA

View Full Version : Back pain, scared :'(

channie009
04-01-14, 22:38
I slept on a horribly hard, cramped sofa the night before last and ever since i've been suffering with back pain.

My dad currently is suffering with a slipped disk, which he has a history of having in the past, and i've seen how much he suffers with it and how it has caused him issues.

My back pain is around my lower back area and the sides and kinda goes up to the back of my ribs too. I'm getting occasional what feels like period cramps too but i'm not on my period. Just now i've also experienced tingling between the top of my bottom area. Also theres occasional small sharp stings near my lower left back too..

I'm really scared that i've hurt something in my back and as i've seen how back issues have affected my dad, i'm worried that I might end up in pain like him.

Does anyone have any reassurance? :(

Timisnotmyname
05-01-14, 00:24
I suffer from a bad back often (it doesn't help being ridiculously tall).
Every year my back just "goes", sure it hurts but weirdly it makes me laugh my head off!

You have nothing to worry about, you just had a bad nights sleep and it will pass. I had the same a couple of weeks ago. Drunk at Christmas I fell asleep half on and half off the sofa. For the next week I was aching like a good 'un.

We all get the odd sharp pains now and again, it really is not anything to be concerned about.
Health anxiety will cause you to focus on an area and notice every little thing and then blow it out of all proportion (I know, I do it all the time). :D