PDA

View Full Version : Doctor increased my dose very nervous

scrumking
05-01-14, 04:23
So for the last 3 months I have been on cipralex for my anxiety 10mg the first six weeks it worked like a charm now not so much.

Went to my doc today and he said he wants to increase my dose to 20mg I'm kinda freaking out that I will have to endure side effects or worse again.

Any advice?

lfc65
05-01-14, 18:30
Hi. I have taken various doses of cipramil (guess its the same thing) on and off for several years. I always gradually increased/decreased the dose, I.e. the second lot of 10mg every other day for a couple of weeks then up to every day and never had any side effects. It's very difficult to predict how different people will react though as we are all different but gradual seems to be the key. Citralopram really suits me though, I think it's an excellent drug but not everyone feels the same. I'm currently coming off it as feeling so well, from 20mg down to 10mg and currently 10 every other day. I'm sure you will be fine, just remember any side effects are temporary and fleeting and the long term benefits are worth it.

hangingbasket
05-01-14, 21:22
cipralex is citalopram right?

I spent about 6 weeks on 10mg.. then upped to 20 and had the same worries as you as I'd had a crappy time with side effects when I started on 10mg. It was horrendous!!!

I didnt notice ANY side effects at all from upping to 20mg. I guess because the drug is already in your system.. a little bit more doesnt make much difference!